Artone mic

Marion nancy

22 hours ago, ats169 said:

Make sure both loop and mic are charged. If following Mary Beth's instructions above still doesn't work, check for two things. 

One, make sure you haven't hit the mute button on mic, and make sure the power switch on mic is on. 

Two, after you push all the buttons for pairing, make sure to wait a good  ten seconds or so, it seems to be slow to pair. 

Finally, one last tip. I was having general issues with all of it, no particular reason why. So I followed the manual's instructions on how to reset both the loop and mic: you plug the power cord in for three seconds (at the micro USB end) and then pull it out. I did it twice, once without the power end plugged into the wall and once with it plugged in. 

After the reset, the pairing procedure "took."

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

YAY!

You have the:

AudioLink

Roger Select (with Roger 21 for Sonnet or Roger MyLink receiver neckloop?)

Artone neckloop

Artone Mic

Tell us what you like and don’t like about each one and when you use each one.

It’s so helpful to hear other people’s experiences with tech options.

21 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

YAY!

You have the:

AudioLink

Artone neckloop

Artone Mic

@Mary Beth

artone max 3 neckloop 

my favourite.  Excellent streaming from iPhone. Clear, excellent distance, no static.  Lightweight.  I use this for speed walking. the gym and other physical activities (ie cooking etc).  The neckloop is light and inconspicuous.  Inexpensive 
Peeve  I have to remember to put it in T mode.  Only lasts 4 hours.  I have not used the mic as of now.  

Rogers pen

Before the audiolink I used it for Tv.  When first implanted 1 1/2 years ago I did use it for noisy restaurants to hear the people at the table.  Clear and excellent distance.  

Peeve: heavier than all others.  Cannot adjust the sound.  Does not easily pair after you disconnect it.  Used a tremendous amount of battery energy.  Must remember to change to Rogers battery pack cover which I find bulky and uncomfortable.  (Small ears).  As I have the audiolink I no longer use my roger pen.  When used for phone others did not hear me well.

Audiolink

used for tv.  Streaming. ( when artone is charging) Easy to use for the gym and walking.  Cel calls.  I could not use my cell phone before to talk  .Connects quickly to Bluetooth.  I enjoy using it with blue2car.  I do not have to remember to use my fine tuner or change battery cover.  I did not have the Audiokey activated as I did not want to rely just on my Cel.  I find the fine tuner inconspicuous and convenient.  

Peeve: not that crisp when listening to audiobooks.  Mic has some static .  Very short distance range.  I must admit I was disappointed as we have been waiting so long

I bought the audiolink as a backup for Rogers as I had  mine repaired 3 times until they sent me a new one.  My pen came in my kit.

Basically the audiolink is Me-del version of Rogers.  I had hoped for better and am slightly disappointed.  Perhaps it works better with Sonnet2,  I have a Sonnet 1 which I love.  This sonnet has given me a new life.  It goes on first in am and just off for sleep.  Excellent choice.

fill free to ask any questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

I love your tech review @Marion nancy.

If you want the Artone sound quality and distance with your TV, you can purchase the Artone TVB.  Attached to TV.  Sends sound to the Artone neckloop.  

I can change rooms and even go downstairs to switch the laundry all while listening to the TV show my family is watching.  

Since I have several Artone neckloops, I chose one and paired it to the TVB.  I leave the TVB on.  When I turn on the neckloop and wait a moment, it connects automatically.  

I love that we have so many options.

And I agree about the high sound quality, great distance and ease of use of the Artone.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:31 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Marion nancy

YAY!

You have the:

AudioLink

Artone neckloop

Artone Mic

Follow up on Audiolink 

I used the audiolink on the mic setting in a very noisy restaurant lunch meeting.  Aside from the slight crackle I was able to follow the complete conversation.  It blocked out the background noise well.  Again used at a book review lecture In an auditorium setting lunch I could understand the speaker who was using a
microphone.  usually this has been difficult.  If we can do something about the slight crackle i was happy with the outcome.  Yeh.  I can hear.  Thank you me-del for my new world

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

I’m glad you were able to hear in those settings.

I hope Med-El can address the crackle/static sound in the AudioLink too.