Hi!

Daniel-J

I have an unusual reason for registering on a forum. My colleague and my best friend were in a car accident, it was a relatively long time ago. Now he is discharged from the hospital, but after his injury he has completely lost his hearing, he became afraid of everything and it is difficult for him to communicate. Even when he needs something, he's afraid to ask for it. There's a lot of work to do, the most important thing is that his brain and limbs are intact. He is a strong man in all senses, not used to seeing him like this, worried that he can shut himself away, this is the worst thing that can happen. I try to support him as much as I can, but I can't be with him all the time, and there are no relatives who can help him.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel-J

I am so sorry to hear of your friend’s accident.  Suddenly becoming deaf is quite a shock.

As he recovers and explores options to see if he qualifies for a cochlear implant to restore hearing, he may find a speech to text app very helpful.

If he has an android device, I recommend LiveTranscribe.  It is completely free.