Sign in to follow this  
Valentin

Rogerpen vs Audiolink

Wich is more convenient? Someone that have both system and could share difference between both devices?

@Valentin

AudioLink only works with Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2.

For Sonnet users there are many similarities and a few differences.

Are you considering switching from Rondo to Sonnet 2?

Hi @Mary Beth, it is not for me. Someone in a facebook group comment about it, and I have curiosity.  This user have doubts about to buy Rogerpen or Audiolink.  I think my next processor will be a one piece unit again 🙂 

@Valentin

I have used both.

AudioLink works only with Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2

Roger works with almost all CI processors and hearing aid brands 

AudioLink only requires 1 piece (AudioLink) and sends the signal to an internal receiver in the Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2.

Roger requires more than 1 piece.  The Pen or Select (I prefer the Select) sends the audio to Roger receivers.  These receivers can be attached to processors or hearing aids (like the Roger 21 integrated battery cover receiver for Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2) or can be a neckloop receiver (Roger MyLink) and CI/HA then need to be on MT or T.

Both AudioLink and Roger Pen/Select are BT ONLY for phone calls.

Both AudioLink and Roger Pen/Select can use an A2DP converter app to stream other audio from phone.  The sound quality is degraded.

Both AudioLink and Roger Pen/Select can be plugged into TV, etc 

Both AudioLink and Roger Pen/Select can be used as remote mics worn by a speaker.

Both AudioLink and Roger Pen/Select can be used on a table for a small group.  The Select outperforms the others in this setting by far in my opinion.

AudioLink is a fixed gain mic.  Roger Pen/Select adapt to the noise level.

Roger Select has 3 mics which create 6 directions.  It uses adaptive beamforming. The others do not.

AudioLink allows the user to alter the mix ratio.

AudioLink is true stereo for left/right music.

Roger Pen/Select have a greater range than AudioLink..

The sound quality between these options is different.  I recommend people test out these devices before choosing the best device for their needs.  I also suggest people test out the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.