Rogerpen vs Audiolink

Valentin

Thank you @Mary Beth for all of that information !! I was wondering how I was going to get round the issue for listening devices for one ear!! I'm glad it's not going to be an issue.

I like the sound of the artone and the boss headphones, think I have some saving to do!!!! 

The audiolink seems to have mixed reviews , I am a little surprised given that it is a MED-EL product, and all of their products have so far been fantastic. If at the activation and it's there, I'll try it. 

it will be interesting to see what will be provided as part of the accessories.

can't wait for the activation, so having to be pacient!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

Waiting for activation is difficult!  So many things go through our minds.

It’s getting closer.  Soon your journey will begin.  I look forward to following it.

@Mary Beth 

@Valentin

Wow. More confusion!! 😅

Had an email from the Head Office in Madrid. Apparently I had ordered the Rondo 2!!! Will come with the fine tuner, mini battery and artone...... 

Errr . Not by me..... Maybe my surgeon this round made the order and not the speech therapist.... Ah well will see, when I'm there for activation. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66 depending the processor you have the options of disposable/rechargeable batteries change, and depending if the surgery  is covered by Social Security or is done by a private company.

Rondo 2 have a rechargeable battery system similar to iPhone, by wireless.  It charge by night placing it in it it "bed". The battery has a performance of 16 hours. Other processors as mine (Rondo), or Sonet , uses rechargeable (not wireless) or disposable batteries. Rondo 2 is a one-piece device, while others are devices that go behind ear with a coil connected. Depend of your preferences, and your activity, you must to select one or other.

In the forum you can find experiences of other users as Mary Beth comment, that have had different processors and gadgets. Altough each one live his own voyage, could you give an idea of them. I only had have Rondo, I'm happy with it, and probably my next one will be one piece processor again.

Concerning the center, someone give you the possibility of select the external unit, and other give you one with no questions. The cochlear implant center in Spain are diverse, some are managed by insurance or private companies, other are managed by Social Security, the options they offer to will be different, in implant selection, processors, accessories and maintenance as I commented above.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Tracey_66 said:

@Mary Beth 

@Valentin

Wow. More confusion!! 😅

Had an email from the Head Office in Madrid. Apparently I had ordered the Rondo 2!!! Will come with the fine tuner, mini battery and artone...... 

uhuh...with Artone included...!!! 👏👏

Thank you  @Valentin for explaining a few things. I did wonder on the differences between centres. Does explain the confusion and different opinions recently!!

I'm pleased that you are happy with the Rondo. I hope I'll be the same with the processor that I will have.

Had an appointment come through the post today, 

my activation is next week!! Thursday 19th March.

Really pleased and excited. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

you said in an earlier post, regarding the AudioLink, Roger Pen/Select, and Artone 3 Max.

The sound quality between these options is different.  I recommend people test out these devices before choosing the best device for their needs.  I also suggest people test out the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  

i bought the AudioLink, Roger Select, Artone 3 Max and Roger MyLink personally, I received the Roger Pen and Roger 21 in a kit for my left side, and a Roger X receiver in a kit for my right side .. Sonnet/ Rondo combos each time

Each item I bought, separately, was to fulfill a need or explore a new product.

i like each but each has its own issues and setup requirements, peculiarities.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

you said in an earlier post, regarding the AudioLink, Roger Pen/Select, and Artone 3 Max.

The sound quality between these options is different.  I recommend people test out these devices before choosing the best device for their needs.  I also suggest people test out the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  

i bought the AudioLink, Roger Select, Artone 3 Max and Roger MyLink personally, I received the Roger Pen and Roger 21 in a kit for my left side, and a Roger X receiver in a kit for my right side .. Sonnet/ Rondo combos each time

Each item I bought, separately, was to fulfill a need or explore a new product.

i like each but each has its own issues and setup requirements, peculiarities.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree @Jdashiell.  Each is different.  Has its own pluses and minuses.

The Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop is my preferred item due to ease of use and connectivity.  It is also priced hundreds of dollars below the other items.

I encourage everyone to test out the devices before purchasing if possible.