My journey begins...

kaztrekie

All I can say is wow this is great I never expected to hear so much in one day,boy do we live in a noisy world hehe

After another hearing test I was delighted that I still have some hearing in my right ear a little but some I thought it had all gone

After hearing the first sounds they started the programming what was to loud etc and gave me four settings to get used to

By 10 am I was on setting two at my next appointment I was on three and by the time I got home I was on four

More programming tomorrow charging batteries ready to use.

Favourite noises so ar scrunched up paper love this ,running water,beeps on train doors and cutting of battered fish hubbie had this for lunch I could nt stop

Smiling on hearing it

Worse sound bus air brakes eek and train station tannoys

Yes the noises are tinny at the moment but I could nt care less I can hear yippee

Dances round room

Wow, sounds like you are doing great! I also had my activation today, but still hear a lot of warbling and can't distinguish what sounds are, yet, I can understand some letters in an iPad app game and some words when I listen to a story that was read online, but other than that, I can't understand the noises. I go back in the morning, so hopefully I'll see more progress over the weekend! Congrats on the success!

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Karen how are things going? can you explain one thing to this Yank? in an earlier post your hubbie was doing "bits and bobs" around the house. what the heck is that? LOL

Adam

"bits and bobs" is well known in the UK and I think its all started in the building trade many years ago, similar to "odds and ends", "bits and pieces" or "odds and sods"  If I'm saying, "I've got to go as I have this and that or bits and bobs to do meaning I've got a few things to sort out or loads of little jobs around the house. If I have only a few coins in my pocket which I could say I've only got a few bits and bobs left!

• HearPeers Heroes

Andrew, i got ya that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I have a few freinds from the UK but have never heard them use that expression.