day after surgery turn on

Steven Ulven

• HearPeers Heroes

That's a great start @Steven Ulven! Things will no doubt progress quickly. 

When is your next mapping appointment? 

We returned home to North Dakota Saturday.  I seem to have more tinnitus than I recall from the first time around.  I plan to start some training today.  My follow up mapping is August 13.  Thank you all for the well wishes.  So far I really like the idea of activation right after surgery to be able to move on right away.  There is a little discomfort with the processor up against the incision, but it is tolerable.

take care everyone.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, Steven Ulven said:

Hello all:  I am scheduled for my second implant in July at Mayo in Rochester.  I had a great experience with the first one and am looking forward to this one.  I have a question for the group.  Has anyone had their implant "turned on" the day after surgery?  For my first one it was three or four weeks later that I received the processor and was turned on.  If you have, how was that experience?

HI there! I hope you are doing well. I am excited to learn more about each of you. Do you have a story to share about your MED-EL journey? I would love to hear more.