Calling all Rondo 2 users

Mary Beth

@Sherri Other than the fact I love mine(😊), what would you like to know? I’ve been a bilateral Rondo user for five and a half years, upgrading from Rondo1s to Rondo2s last October (2019). I also have Opus2s but very rarely wear them.

@Sherriwhat would you like to know I am bilateral I have 2 Sonnets and I was eligible for a free Rondo2 so many times I wear on rondo and one sonnet I really like the Rondo lighter on the head no hanging on the ear and no interference with wearing the Mask😷 one battery charge last the day, recharge in a few hours no bulky recharger if you use rechargeable batteries. 

I do know a lady who attends our monthly meet up group until the virus hit and she is bilateral and has the the Rondo2 and she absolutely loves them.
Good Luck

• HearPeers Heroes

Sherri, I like them a lot but in my opinion they're not the best for all situations.  I have Sonnets and Rondo2s.  I wear the Sonnets at work, in restaurants - anywhere that I have to deal with significant background noise.  When noise is too loud for me to hear the people I'm talking to I can change to Adaptive or reduce sensitivity.

Having said that, though, my ears sit very close to my head and the Sonnets are pretty big.  It doesn't bother me most of the time but once in a while I get a bit of soreness.  Since COVID hit I've been wearing my Rondos a lot more, because we don't walk back into production areas as much, don't have in-person meetings, etc.  Mostly I'm in my office, often with the door shut, and I can use either Sonnets or Rondos with my Artone neckloops for con calls.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Sherri

I have Sonnet and Rondo2. I absolutely love Rondo2. It is very light and I usually am not aware that something is attached to my head. Although it usually stays in place I prefer to use a tether just in case it falls off, which is very rare and only happens if I am jumping or the like. 

The sound from Rondo2 is great. In fact my audi tested my hearing with Rondo2 and Sonnet and I heard much better than Sonnet. 

However, Sonnet is better in noisier environments. 

Any specific question you'd like to ask? 

Thanks All for comments. Don’t y’all love Mary Beth!  I knew she was the person to get the answers I was looking for. So here you go..

I am complicated! Lol 
I am bilateral with 4 Sonnets now. 2 of my Sonnets are EAS Sonnets and 2 are regular first generation Sonnets. I do have some residual left in one ear but not much. I wear my Sonnet EAS in my left ear when going out or in group settings, but mostly wear my regular first generation Sonnets.

My question is about upgrade. This is my upgrade year for my first generation Sonnets, but have heard the new Rondo 2 may be the better option. I love the idea of no ear hook! That would be amazing. 
So what are your opinions on upgrading to new Sonnet 2 or Rondo 2? 

@Sherri I’ve never worn Sonnets, only Rondos and Opus2s so I don’t think my opinion would be too helpful as far as processor comparisons go.

But I can say I absolutely love not having a processor on my ear when wearing my Rondos! Having worn bilateral BTE h/a for some 50 years before getting implanted, I can’t begin to tell you how liberating that is! It’s so easy to forget I even have my Rondo2s on!  The Rondo2s are lighter and thinner than the Rondo1 and I love they have so many cover options. I especially like the “grey hair” one that matches my hair so well!😉

Good luck with your upgrade. Either way you go, you’ll be getting an exceptional piece of technology!😊

• 2 weeks later...

I love love love my Rondo (Rondo2 now too)... I love swapping the lids around and feel they last longer than 'intended'. Great sound, comfortable to wear, although my straw sunhat doen tend to be too tight after a short while. I've been implanted for six years now, best step ever taken. I do sometimes wonder if the implant hasn't... slipped? a tad? Sure it was higher before, but hasn't affected anything.

• HearPeers Heroes

Another happy Rondo 2 user!  Always great to read everyone’s experiences.

I’m glad things are going so well for you @carolinemack!

I love mine for the simplicity in wearing/charging...etc and not having to worry about rechargeable/disposable batteries..etc..

the only negative I have encountered is wind noise. It makes hearing impossible. Perhaps this is something that could be looked into for future Rondos.

also, make the next Rondo Bluetooth capable...for direct streaming?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

I too am eager for true direct BT streaming for future Rondo generations with no intermediary devices.  In stereo with separate left and right music.  😊 

I was wondering how Rondo 2 performed in wind compared to Rondo 1.  Rondo 1 has the mic protected by a wind guard and Rondo 2 does not have that.

In the meantime there is a work around when we will be in wind for awhile (liking walking on a beach, etc).  I found that the waterwear cover does a great job at reducing wind noise.  If we are not getting the Rondo 2 wet and just wanting to block wind noise, it may work to use the waterwear cover repeatedly as we would not be sealing it from water exposure.  Maybe that will help you?

Yes, I’ve actually used the waterwear cover too, when out for a walk. Still not brilliant, but better than not having anything.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

With the waterwear cover on you still hear wind noise?  

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting @Andy

I wore my Rondo 1 in waterwear last year on a very windy beach day and it worked fine.  But I may have also had them in my eargear covers with tether and clip.  Maybe that helped too.

i have been using Rondo 2 since last year before i was using tempo/opus 1 since 2002, i m happy as how light and easy to hide in hair as i always keep my temp/opus 1 hidden in long hair. The only downside is if i play sport it might fall off, also i had to remove my rondo 2 before going on the roller coasters ride with my kids as i knew it might fall off by sudden movement of G-force as it has happened before with my tempo/opus but got it saved by behind the ear hook.

The sound of rondo 2 is significantly better than old tempo/opus but i like the sound of sonnet 2 which i had it for a trial for few days but prefer Rondo 2 due to size n lightness. Also at first i didnt like the idea of charging everyday for 4 hrs but i got used to, in travelling i keep my old audi processor and power bank to recharge in long flights.