Sign in to follow this  
tgeysen78

AudioLink not turning off

Hello

We're using the AudioLink for my daughter when she watches TV, and when connected, the left and right connection symbols on the AudioLink will light up, so we know both her Sonnet processors are active & connected. 

The only strange thing is that we've noticed that, only 3 or 4 times over the last 9 months, the AudioLink will continue to indicate that there is a connection, although the processors are already turned of & in the dryer. When this happens, the AudioLink cannot be turned off anymore using the main button. Only way to turn it off is to remove the battery from the Audiolink. We've used 2 Audiolink devices and we've had the same issue with both of them.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Thanks

@tgeysen78

My AudioLink has done strange things like lose connection to one of my Sonnets but still light up as if sending to both Sonnets. But I have not had the problem you mention.

Hi tgeysen78 (and Hi Mary Beth!) --

I too have experienced this issue not being able to power down the AudioLink. The reason I've seen why this happens is because it's still connected via Bluetooth to the device you were listening to.  For example, if my phone is still on or still streaming music, even after powering down the processors, I still cannot control the power or set into pairing mode of the AudioLink.  After disconnecting from my phone, the bluetooth symbol will no longer be lit, then I can power down or pair with another device.  

It's quite frustrating too when you have multiple devices paired with your AudioLink.  You have to go and find out which device it's connected to. There is no easy way to find this out. :( 

@Dennisjbr

That is interesting.  And sounds frustrating.

I hope there will be firmware updates to the AudioLink like there are for other connectivity devices.

@tgeysen78 and @Dennisjbr are describing the same issue with powering off the AudioLink.

@MED-EL Moderator Do you know of a way to handle this easier when the AudioLink will not power off?