Rondo 3!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

May we have a Rondo 3 folder please?

Rondo 3

two mics

uses ASM 3 like the Sonnet 2 with adaptive intelligence

up to 24 hours of battery life AND a way to charge on the go while still using it (thank you Med-El !)

streams through AudioLink 

Med-El - Does Rondo 3 still have a telecoil?

EXCITING DAY!

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/cochlear-implants/rondo3?sf_cntrl_id=ctl00%24contentPlaceholder%24C085

• Like 3

@Mary Beth I know!

Looks interesting. I see that they have the audio link set up for it. I hope the problems that some have had with it has been resolved.

Wireless streaming?

On a different note,

they have bought out the Samba 2 recently as well, although that has a different setup in the form of an mobile app and it seems to be offering a different Bluetooth device. 

Med- el has been busy!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

Med-El has been busy!

And I am so appreciative that Med-El listened to our concerns about running out of battery life with the Rondo 2 design.  I can’t wait to see the new charge on the go while wearing it option for Rondo 3!  

Wireless streaming seems to be streaming through the AudioLink intermediary device.  I hope the problems are resolved soon too.

I am excited about Rondo 3!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oooooooo yay! I’m happy to see all these new processor options 😁 I can have an upgrade in another year and a half!!! 

@Mary Beth I think I remember you saying you were coming up on 5 years and would be eligible for an upgrade? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

Good memory!  My first side is now over 5 years.  My second side will be 5 years in a few months.  I had been torn between Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2.  Now there is Rondo 3!

Exciting!

@Mary Beth @Megan L. 

I'm interested in how the Rondo 3 will be secured by. Already I've managed to snap one of the elastic lines for the clips!! 

Although I've only had the Rondo now for less than two months. It's one thing that is annoying. 

Also curious if they have made any changes to the water wear for the Rondo 3.

Might add that I am happy with the Rondo 2. Maybe 5 years down the line if I have the chance to upgrade then I will.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

So many people are reporting that the secure line in Rondo 2 breaks so easily.  We have been hoping Med-El would release a different secure line.

I think the waterwear cover is in a picture.

• HearPeers Heroes

In the US, ASM 3 has not yet been FDA approved so the Sonnet 2 here is still using ASM 2.  Hopefully Med-El gets ASM 3 FDA approved soon so the Sonnet 2 users can start benefiting from the adaptive intelligence features.  Rondo 3 also uses ASM 3.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth 

Now you have one more option 😁 I didn’t see any info on when the Rondo 3 would be available, I’m guessing it could be a while?? It looks super thin and high tech 👍 My only problem with the Rondos is using the phone. Where it is placed on my head, it’s too far from the part of the phone you speak into. So it’s not feasible unless using Bluetooth assistive listening devices - which makes it impossible to use at work. Remember when we did those videos for the Med El employees to watch like 2 years ago? I asked if they would expand the range of the telecoil on the Rondo so that it was a wider/longer range and it would pick up so that you could use the phone as normal. I guess that’s not possible 🤷‍♀️

@Tracey_66 I think Med El should take their cue from a barrette in addition to their magnet. If a clip on option was used instead of a fishing line, I think people might have less problems securing. Just my idea and what I’m thinking 😁

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

I am lucky that my placement lets me hold the phone over the Rondo mic and talk into it the regular way.  Some placement designs would make that difficult.  The AudioLink has connectivity hands free for BT phone use and works with Rondo 3.

I wonder if you could attach a BT streamer to your work phone?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

You’re lucky! Your placement allows the Rondo or Sonnet option for the phone. I love that the Rondo is off the ear but the receiver is too far when I hold it to my ear. If we only get one upgrade choice then I have to go with the Sonnet 2 for work reasons. Here’s a picture of my work phone - I’m thinking it’s probably not Bluetooth streamer compatible. I don’t use it much but when I do it’s usually important so I need to know I can be comfortable 😁

1E9883B1-28CE-417B-8071-F81054C3736F.png

@Mary BethOne thing though, with the water wear how secure is it? From the image it looks like the clips are not used? 

@Megan L. I agree a good alternative to using fishing wire would be fantastic. 

I've not had to use that type of phone! I've not tried making a call yet on my mobile or landline phone. Early days....

I would have to get a cable to connect the Rondo to mobile. ( It's expensive too). 

My mobile doesn't like the artone3!! Even though it does have Bluetooth.  🤷

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

I swim in the ocean with my Rondos in waterwear covers and love it.  Here is what works for me.

45D14344-2186-45F9-905A-F9810B99C9D4.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66 

Hopefully you have no rush to use the phone 😁 I didn’t use either phone until after 2 months of activation and it went better than I expected! 

Sadly, most high tech accessories for our ears are expensive. So strange that your mobile isn’t friends with your Artone 3. Have you tried getting in contact with someone from customer service to help troubleshoot? 

• HearPeers Heroes

This is very exciting. I love Rondo2 so much I'm sure I would love Rondo3 as well. 

How come Med-El didn't post it to this forum so that we got the official notification the same time it was posted to their website. 

@Megan L.

I don't usually have a problem with the phone and Rondo2. However, sometimes people say they don't hear me so I shift the handset between Rondo2 and my mouth, based on whether I'm the one talking/listening. 

I'm curious as to the type of attachments it will be using. 

Also is their Bluetooth capability? 

I recall that when Rondo2 came out we were promised that we would get a webchat/webinar with a Med-El rep to show us all the cool thijfs features of Rondo2 but I don't think that ever happened. 

Maybe Med-El could arrange something in respect of Rondo3? @MED-EL Moderator

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I hear fine too with the Rondo but wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to keep shifting the receiver between your mouth and ear? If you could just hold it normal and speak into it 😁 My Rondo is too far back and the receiver doesn’t come close enough to my mouth. Maybe one day Med El will figure out a solution to this that doesn’t require constantly shifting the receiver and using an assistive listening device 🤞

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw that, Rondo 3 - looks great!  But I'm three years from an upgrade and I'm sure by then there will be other options.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Does Rondo 3 have the same new computer chip that Peter Nopp described for Sonnet 2?

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Megan L. said:

@Jewel

I hear fine too with the Rondo but wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to keep shifting the receiver between your mouth and ear? If you could just hold it normal and speak into it 😁 My Rondo is too far back and the receiver doesn’t come close enough to my mouth. Maybe one day Med El will figure out a solution to this that doesn’t require constantly shifting the receiver and using an assistive listening device 🤞

@Megan L.

I don't usually have a problem where people can't hear me when i have the phone positioned by Rondo2 but I do understand your predicament. 

What gets me is when I position the phone to where Rondo2 usually is and I'm wearing the Sonnet. I'm like why am I not hearing anything??? Cracks me up all the time. My magnet is positioned slightly above my ear. 

• Haha 2

Hi all, 

great to read that you are all excited about RONDO 3 - we are too and can't wait to make it available in fall :) 

I've created a new category in the forum for RONDO 3, please find it here: https://forum.hearpeers.com/forum/43-rondo-3/

Please let me know if you want me to move this conversation to the new category. 

@Mary Beth great questions! Here are the answers from our product experts: 

1. RONDO 3 does not have an integrated telecoil. However, telecoil adapter comes as an accessory in every user kit. Therefore, out users can still enjoy loop systems.

2.  Regarding the internal chip: In a nutshell, yes. RONDO 3 uses a similar DSP chip.

@Jewel RONDO 3 will be available starting this fall. I'd suggest you get in touch with us or your local MED-EL rep about a webinar/webchat opportunity and we'll do our best to arrange something :) 

If you have any further questions, please let me know! 

Best regards, Verena