Rondo 3!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

yes please move this conversation to the new Rondo 3 folder.

Will you give us a link to pictures of:

telecoil adapter

simplicity covers

mini covers

charge it on the go while still using it

security leash

We are eager to see how Rondo 3 works.

Thank you Verena!

If the charger provides on the go charging, what happens if there is a power cut?😕

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tracey_66

Med-El US showed us that the Rondo 2 charger (which looks just like the charger in the Rondo 3 images) works using a portable power pack with USB.  @Joan lives in an area that experiences power outages and has Rondo 2 processors so she purchased a power pack and ran an experiment charging both of her Rondo 2 processors with that power pack.  How many nights of charging did you get off of that power pack Joan?

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Does Rondo 3 connect directly with the AudioKey app on our phone or does it need to connect to that app through the AudioLink intermediary device?

Just wondering if we can use the AudioKey app with Rondo 3 directly or if we need to have the AudioLink with us.

thanks

@Tracey_66 as @Mary Beth mentioned, I live in an area of California that’s very susceptible to power outages and I upgraded to bilateral Rondo2s last year. I had the same concern about charging them without power. As a result, I purchased an Anker PowerCore 10400 portable power pack and it works great. It has two USB ports. I experimented with it and discovered I got four nights of charging two processors. Charging only one, I’m sure it would last six to eight nights. When fully charged but not in use, this power pack holds its charge a surprisingly long time. I last charged mine maybe three months ago and it still shows a full charge.

2 hours ago, Jewel said:

@MED-EL Moderator

What are the dimensions and weight of Rondo3 vs Rondo2? 

Hi @Jewel

the weight and dimensions of RONDO 3 are very similar to RONDO 2. It is slightly thinner and shorter than RONDO 2 but the width is exactly the same.

Best regards, Verena 

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

yes please move this conversation to the new Rondo 3 folder.

Will you give us a link to pictures of:

telecoil adapter

simplicity covers

mini covers

charge it on the go while still using it

security leash

We are eager to see how Rondo 3 works.

Thank you Verena!

@Mary Beth thanks for your questions. I'll move it to the new folder :) 

Unfortunately I cannot share the pictures you asked for with you at the moment. Yesterday's post was a first announcement. RONDO 3 will be available in fall and more information and pictures will also be released then. 

Thanks for understanding! 

Best, Verena 

Rondo 3 sounds awesome.Could this replace the Sonnets? I see many positive and a few negatives . This is very interesting.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

Does Rondo 3 connect directly with the AudioKey app on our phone or does it need to connect to that app through the AudioLink intermediary device?

Just wondering if we can use the AudioKey app with Rondo 3 directly or if we need to have the AudioLink with us.

thanks

@Mary Beth

Yes, RONDO 3 connects directly with the AudioKey 2 app. So you can use the app to adjust settings, check battery level etc without AudioLink. 

Only if you want to stream music, make hands-free calls or use the external microphone you need AudioLink. 

Best, Verena 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Thank you for all of your responses Verena!  

I understand about needing to wait until the fall for more pictures.  I am excited about Rondo 3 and think I may have just decided on my next processor!  

Thank you again Med-El for listening to our concerns about possibly running out of battery power before long listening days are over.  I can not describe the relief I felt when I read about powering Rondo 3 up on the go while still using it!  Thank you!  Thank you!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

It seems to me that the Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2 share almost all features.  

It reminds me of Rondo 1 and OPUS2.  Same platform just different wearing options (off the ear one piece unit vs BTE unit).

I am interested in reading your plus/minus thoughts.

@Mary Bethabout the only minus I have on Rondo is the use in a noisy environment such as restaurants although to be fair I don’t have audio box but I do have a tag on an article you publish on HP about having the Rondo user play something on YOU TUBE and have the audiologists map according to the sound ,I see audiologists in OCTOBER 

The plus is the time and ease of charging ,don’t have to worry about falling off ear I think it’s a clearer crisper sound even though Rondo 2 has one mike and Sonnets have 2 mike I receive sound just as well with Rondo water wear cove slide on easy as I used it on a hot air balloon in the desert of Arizona I did take the cover off in flight and the sound was awesome 

Now I am living in a dream world ,what I am hoping is that when it’s time for my up grade since my CI  center was a 2 processor center I can get a pair of Rondo 3 and a pair of Sonnets I am sure the insurance will think oh this one

@Mary Beth I should have said audio link and changing filters on Rondo far more easier then Sonnet I did have a Sonnet fall off my ear an hit the pavement broke off ear hook no I didn’t have the pin in the hook as I do now and I encourage all sonnet users to use the pin.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Good news and bad news 

bad news: 2 processor CI centers in the US only apply to kits received with surgeries.  Upgrade kits for everyone is one processor per side.

good news: Rondo 3 uses ASM 3 and adaptive intelligence with 2 mics to help in noise.  This is the very best help in noise just like on the Sonnet 2.

@Mary Beth OK thanks that’s right about Rondo 3 I forgot and I have the info right in front of me

interesting to see the new Rondo 3 is already about to launch soon and this was fast from Med-El to release new upcoming model. If rondo 3 got same features as sonnet 2 which i had for a week was really good in sound compare to my rondo 2, also battery life has been extended by 6 more hrs. Most of the ppl like me  prefer longer battery life as sometime in travelling i have to use powerbank to recharge my rondo 2, has done even on long flights. If the price is almost same as Rondo 3 i might get it by next year or maybe i will wait for future Rondo 4, you never know technology is going so fast and every year we might see new models like mobile fone 😁.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

I agree that technology is moving so fast!  It’s a great time to be deaf and benefit from all these cool features.

Agree it’s been 4 years for my first implant and the advancement of technology has been awesome.

Do we know if rondo 3 will hear better in noise than rondo2?
also will it have a better security attachment? 
thank you

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori m

Rondo 3 has 2 mics and uses ASM 3 adaptive intelligence so it will treat noise the same way Sonnet 2 treats noise with ASM 3 active (which is not yet FDA approved in the US).  ASM 3 is the most advanced sound management system for Med-El.  So Rondo 3 should be much better in noise than Rondo 2 (which has 1 mic and uses ASM 1).

I have not heard if there are improvements to the Rondo 3 security leash and attachment clips.  Maybe @MED-EL Moderator can help answer that for you.

Thank you Mary Beth.

My life really needs management of background noise.  I’m hoping for great things with rondo 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori m

I am very excited about Rondo 3!

If you want to discuss tech options that work with Rondo 2 in noise, just describe the difficult listening situations and we can all brainstorm ideas that may help you.

Multiple conversations around me at work are impossible and made worse by the background hum of equipment and sometimes music.

Even without noise, i cannot hear words unless the speaker is near me.  

restaurants are always difficult, helped a bit by roger.

road noise while in a car still a problem too.

while I’m on a roll, why do ear doctors and hearing  aid/ cochlear implant companies  use loud and painful music in their phone systems?  If we must have noise while on hold, could we take the volume down to at least similar to volume of human voices on the same call?

thank you for listening, 

and does anyone know how it will work to get upgrade at 1 year in with CI?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori m

1 year into your journey.  Still time for things to keep on improving with aural rehab and MAPping changes.

Some people have their audiologists create a special MAP to use in noise.  @Joan’s audiologist played a YouTube video of restaurant noise during her MAPping appointment to help design a good noise program.  Maybe that will be helpful.

Since understanding speech in quiet is still challenging unless the person is very close by, it may be helpful to focus on that first.  When that improves (through aural rehab and MAPping), hearing in noise will start to improve too.  We have a lot of great rehab ideas in the rehab topic.

You have Roger already.  Roger Select or Roger Pen?  How is that going for you?

If you want to supplement what you hear in difficult situations you can use speech to text apps.  Android devices can use LiveTranscribe which is terrific and free.  iOS devices can use otter.ai which gives 10 hours every month free (in 40 minute increments which can be used back to back).

In the US, InnoCaption + is free phone captioning on mobile devices.

My understanding of upgrades in the US is it is all dependent on insurance.  It seems to be possible for some at 5 years and not possible for some at 5 years.

Processor kits are very expensive but we can choose to self pay.  Your CSR will have pricing info.

I forget which CI center you go to.  I go to NYEE in NYC.