I'm Finally Getting My Rondos!!!

dclay66490

I am finally upgrading to the RONDO's after 5 years!!  The magic event will take place July 3rd.  I can't wait.  I lost totally lost ALL of my hearing in BOTH ears 7 ears ago.  I received my bilateral implants in June of 2009.  All has been well.  But I am really looking forward to the RONDO's.

LaughingCoolLaughingCool

• Like 1

Hi David!

I think you're going to like the Rondos quite a bit.  I have both the Opus 2 and the Rondos and tend to wear the Opus 2 more often for no particular reason.  But I really love the Rondos too.

I ordered my processors in 2 different colors so I can tell at a glance which is the left and which the right.

Say, do you remember how long it took you to no longer feel like everyone was talking in a 'tinny, nasal' voice?

Hi David,

I think that you will like your Rondo. I like it. As matter of fact, it's actually my first CI processors. I was activated June 18, 2014 with Rondos. I refuse to open Opus 2 kits. I am actually looking forward to the new BTE Sonnet. The only con I have with Rondos is the magnet, even #4, is not strong enough to stay on my head and it constantly falling off. Every now and then I have to wear head band to keep it on. Hopefully you will not have any problems. Good Luck.

Joe

Joe, you still have swelling because your surgery really wasn't that long ago and when that has fully subsided I know you will find the #4 magnet holds just just fine in 99% of situations.

At least, that's what happened with me.

Lisa,  I remember it taking me a few days, if not a week,  for the "robotic" vocals to lessen.  I've loved my Opus 2's, but I wear glasses on a regular basis and I'm hoping the RONDO's will make it easier with the glasses, but I'm not so sure about baseball caps.

I love wearing baseball caps.  Does anyone know if Rondo's prevent that?

David,

I brought the Si Robertson custom that I'm going to wear at the church camp in couple weeks. It's a Red Neck theme weekend. When I put on the cap it kept pushing the Rondos off. What I did was loosen the cap and go over the Rondo halfway. It's a bit uncomfortable at first but I got use to it. It's a small cap so maybe yours is bigger and can go over the Rondo completely. Be careful about the sweat inside the cap.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Joe.  I'll have to try that.  I have to wear my LSU caps during football season.  GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

David, are you sure that Mike le Tigre would approve of you head being so large?  just asking!

John,

How do you like the new coding strategy?  I'm excited about it.  MUSC isn't a part of the study, so I have to wait until it's approved before I can get it.  By the way, have you been to Durham recently to be a guinea pig?  I've been twice.  The last time was in July.  Looking forward to my second time at ASU sometime in September.

David

David, I went to Durham in June and am actually going back in 2 weeks. while the new versions of FSP are loaded, I am not using them, yet.  Leslie, my audi, suggested that I give each new program at least a week or so before transitioning.  I will go to a new mapping strategy later this week. Keep in mind that music is not the only thing that is affected by these new releases. I am looking forward to reporting back on my impressions.

thanks