October HearPeers Virtual Coffee Chat

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie - your choir is great!  I was listening to One Hand, One Heart and wondering if I could find you in the choir when a photo popped up with you on the end and your CI clearly visible!  I love it.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

All, during this chat one of our members expressed an issue they were having with their new Sonnets and Fine Tuner Echo. I don't remember who specifically that was  Did that get resolved since? I experienced the same during my 2nd processor fitting today and know how to resolve it if not.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512 It was @KittKatz

Matt,  will you describe how to fix it here so others can learn too?

sure hope your second CI activation went well!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth @KittKatz Sure thing. So unfortunately it's not something that an end user would be able to manage on their own; this is a setting in Maestro.

On the main screen at the screen edge for the appropriate ear (the screen is shown as you're facing the patient so left ear is on the right of the screen and vice versa) there is a graphical representation of the CI processor and a small circle with a downward pointing arrow in it. Below this is your maps.

Clicking the arrow reveals a couple of additional option buttons as shown below. If one clicks "Remote control" it'll show the options related to the remote. By default, the older FineTuner will be enabled. With this setting, the FineTuner Echo won't work (it'll display the processor with an X graphic) and the AudioKey app won't work either (it'll say invalid configuration).

Your audiologist needs to select FineTuner Echo from the pull-down to enable this and save the programming. Once that's done, it'll work just fine.

PXL_20201120_151217421 (Small).jpg

PXL_20201120_151220144 (Small).jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @phobos512!

Maybe Med-El will change the default to the FineTuner Echo soon since both Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 ship with the FineTuner Echo.  Rondo 3 just released in the US so maybe that setting will change.

Great explanation and graphics!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth I've been known to write then and again in various capacities...(an oldie, but I'm particularly proud of this since it's one of the few things I've publicly written. Seems most of the images have long since gone to the digital by and by...)

http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/dell-inspiron-1420-user-review/

• 10 months later...

Hi all, i searched for topics on prednosone today. As two days ago prescrpted pack was done. This morning some things have changed. Sounds are a little different wonder if this is normsl for y'all? Im going to run through my training programs see if its different. What would you all do if this happens?

Note: reading through some of kirks issues i certsinly hope your current visit reaps some benefits for you.

Di