Rondo 3 thoughts

Mary Beth

Thank you Mary Beth as usual.

does anyone know if the leash is made of better material than the weak stretchy one sold for rondo 2?

also , is that clip the same one as in the past too?

if yes, the r and d people should try wearing it for awhile.

tia

Does anyone know why my device causes me login over and over and do repeated robot verifications, even after I used the “remember me” selection?

On 12/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, Jared Charney said:

I just got a stronger magnet so today

I saw where the magnet can be replaced in the Rondo 3 but they recommend having your audiologist replace it. Why would you need to replace the magnet? 

@Mary Beth @MED-EL Moderator

I am scheduled to meet with my surgeon on 8/16 to discuss my choice of brand and my upcoming surgery.

At this moment, I’m about 70% leaning toward MedEl instead of Cochlear America. My   CI Center is a two processor center. When I met with the Audiologist, she showed us the two kits that we had to choose from and it is a blur. Does anyone have a link to a web page that shows what is included in the Sonnet / Rondo startup kit? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

Magnets come in various strengths.  If a change in magnet strength is needed, the magnet in the processor/coil can be replaced with a different strength.

When you have your scheduled 1:1 or when you are connected to your regional rep, you can ask for a list of options in your kit.  Your audiologist is a great resource for discussing kit options as well.

You may choose 2 of the same processor or one of each at a 2 processor center.

Colors, battery options and connectivity options are selections in kits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eric in Tulsa said:

@Mary Beth @MED-EL Moderator

I am scheduled to meet with my surgeon on 8/16 to discuss my choice of brand and my upcoming surgery.

At this moment, I’m about 70% leaning toward MedEl instead of Cochlear America. My   CI Center is a two processor center. When I met with the Audiologist, she showed us the two kits that we had to choose from and it is a blur. Does anyone have a link to a web page that shows what is included in the Sonnet / Rondo startup kit? 

Hi @Eric in Tulsa

thanks for tagging us! 

As the exact content of the audio processor kits varies a bit from country to country, you unfortunately cannot find a list of parts included on our website. However, we'd be happy to get you in touch with your local MED-EL representative who is best informed and would be happy to answer your questions. 

If you're interested in talking to them, please send us your full name and contact detials via direct message. 

Thanks! 

Verena

• Like 1

Thanks, but Mary Beth has already gotten me hooked up with my rep. When she contacts me, I’ll ask her the question among the many others that I have. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi @Mary Beth,

I have been scouring the forums looking for comparisons between Rondo 3 & Sonnet 2. This particular topic, although old, really speaks to my current dilemma. I have an Opus & a Rondo, both obsolete, and am now in a position to upgrade. I was initially attracted to the Rondo 3, since I wear my Rondo constantly. I grew up with hearing aids in both ears, & I absolutely love having naked ears. (Look ma, no ear molds!)  The lack of telecoil gave me pause, and then I learned that the battery life isn't that great. I wear my Rondo from the time I get up to the time I go to bed, and anything less than 24 hours doesn't really meet my needs.

So, I'm conflicted. I'm wondering what your final decision was, and if you regret it? What would you say are the major pros and cons between the two? I understand that a T-switch program can be created for the Rondo 3, which is good because I love my Artones. I need to make a decision soon, but I am overwhelmed at this point.

Any input you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lori M in OR

Hi.  I can only share my personal thoughts on how Rondo 3 and Sonnet 2 match for me and the ways I use my processors.  Everyone will come to decisions that best match for their situations.

First of all though I should mention that I chose to delay upgrading so I do not have either.

Rondo 3 initially had me very excited but after following user experiences from their real lives, it turns out that Rondo 3 would not be a good match for me.  I need longer battery life, reliable charging and a built in telecoil.

Sonnet 2 has various rechargeable battery options (including a new extended battery size that is expected to be released soon in the US) but more importantly for me, it uses disposable batteries which are my preferred battery choice.  It has a built in telecoil and offers the AudioStream for direct streaming from phones and tablets in true stereo.

So if I was going to upgrade soon, Sonnet 2 is a better match for me.