Opus 2 upgrade to Sonnet 2

RoKo

RoKo.  I'm upgrading from Opus 2 to the Sonnet 2. Has anyone have any comments on how this worked out for them. Thank you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @RoKo

I see you are in Canada.  I am not sure if Sonnet 2 is using ASM 2 or ASM 3 in Canada.  It was released using ASM 3 in many countries but is still using ASM 2 in the US.  ASM 3 has not been FDA approved yet unfortunately.

I went from OPUS 2 to Sonnet 1.  For me the automatic conversion of my OPUS 2 MAP did not work well.  We needed to create a brand new Sonnet MAP.

I recommend getting one program in omni mic setting.  I found I preferred omni mic setting with access to sounds from 360 degrees.  And I prefer it for music.

I also recommend getting one program in adaptive (ASM 2) or adaptive intelligence strong (ASM 3) for noise.

I also prefer to have the auto off DL-coil setting disabled.

What color did you choose?

15 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi @RoKo

I see you are in Canada.  I am not sure if Sonnet 2 is using ASM 2 or ASM 3 in Canada.  It was released using ASM 3 in many countries but is still using ASM 2 in the US.  ASM 3 has not been FDA approved yet unfortunately.

I went from OPUS 2 to Sonnet 1.  For me the automatic conversion of my OPUS 2 MAP did not work well.  We needed to create a brand new Sonnet MAP.

I recommend getting one program in omni mic setting.  I found I preferred omni mic setting with access to sounds from 360 degrees.  And I prefer it for music.

I also recommend getting one program in adaptive (ASM 2) or adaptive intelligence strong (ASM 3) for noise.

I also prefer to have the auto off DL-coil setting disabled.

What color did you choose?

Hi Mary Beth, I replied to you last night , but I don't think it went through. So I will repeat myself. Thank you for your input and I assure you it will be very useful when I go to get my Sonnet 2 on October 21. I will take it with me. My Opus 2 needed to be mapped again so it wont work well on my sonnet 2 . It will need to be mapped. My Sonnet2 will be Nordic Grey to match this old fart's hair. Not very imaginative. Eh? Why do you want your auto off DL-coil setting disabled? Thank you again for your time and input.

Be well and stay safe

Ron

• HearPeers Heroes

@RoKo

several reasons including....

it malfunctioned which made me have to turn the Sonnet off and back on again to hear again

and

I don’t need an auto off.  I turn my processors off every night and need them powered on all day.