App no worky today?

polyesternapkinstowaway

• HearPeers Heroes

So I just tried to use AudioKey to switch to telecoil mode while I was away from my remote and I get a login screen for the first time since we set my phone and processor up. And I try to login but it says my info is wrong. Is something wrong with the MED-EL internet infrastructure right now?

Also still very much do not understand why I should need to login to an app to control something locally that I need to physically have had surgery to have a use for. Seems wonky to me. Anyway...

EDIT - Also seems that HearPeers is having some issues too as I got a server error on my phone and desktop when I initially tried to post this (though it seems to have gone through). And HP is back up but the app is still not working...

@MED-EL Moderator

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

people have had issues with that app. Sometimes deleting the app and downloading it again works.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth
@MED-EL Moderator
I got the app working again but it was the MED-EL login page, not the app, that was the problem. Something changed on the backend from what I can tell that invalidated my password. I only got it to work by resetting my MED-EL password. I previously had a 32 character password, and I have found this length to be problematic at a lot of sites (longer is better; random is better; silly/arbitrary rules about character types do nothing for security). I chose a shorter password and it worked. I may reset to a longer password just to see if it breaks again, but that'll be tomorrow.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

I hope the AudioKey2 app has less problems when it is released in the US.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phobos512 said:

So I just tried to use AudioKey to switch to telecoil mode while I was away from my remote and I get a login screen for the first time since we set my phone and processor up. And I try to login but it says my info is wrong. Is something wrong with the MED-EL internet infrastructure right now?

Also still very much do not understand why I should need to login to an app to control something locally that I need to physically have had surgery to have a use for. Seems wonky to me. Anyway...

EDIT - Also seems that HearPeers is having some issues too as I got a server error on my phone and desktop when I initially tried to post this (though it seems to have gone through). And HP is back up but the app is still not working...

@MED-EL Moderator

Hi there, thanks for tagging us and sorry to hear about your issues with AudioKey. 

If you still experience problems with the app, could you please get in touch with our app team via audiokey@medel.com? My colleagues can have a closer look and assist you. 

Thanks! 

Kind regards, Verena 

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I suggest reporting the problems you are all experiencing with the Med-El apps.