Wishing everyone the very best!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Lots of scheduled and potential CI surgeries in our group.

@melody  first CI just activated!

@phobos512 second CI surgery this week! Wishing the best for you Matt!

@Megan L. in the process of scheduling her second CI for December!

@tmscarlett10 Tiffany’s first CI surgery soon!

@Watersail considering a second CI!

@Samantha Did your CI surgery happen already or is it coming soon?

Am I missing anyone?

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Samantha

I am so glad I didn’t miss it!  Wishing you the best.  When you feel up to it, let us know how it went!

Exciting times ahead!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sending you good vibes for a successful surgery @Samantha & @phobos512!!! Let us know how you do when you feel good enough 😊

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Will do. My wife is getting pretty worked up once again as we count down the days. To be fair we're 5 weeks to our baby as well so it's entirely understandable. I have my pre-op and COVID test tomorrow morning then for some reason (they sprung it on me with no explanation so I plan to ask what it might be for tomorrow) a virtual visit on Thursday morning which I may have to do from the car since I have a meeting at 0900 (actually all day Weds and Thurs so yay...).

We are pre-making goodie bags for our neighborhood kids for Halloween since neither of us expect to really be in a position to hand stuff out, we plan to leave them in two little bins on our doorstep. I just couldn't let a Halloween pass without giving something out. Hard enough that we didn't decorate this year really. Just too much with the move and pregnancy and surgery and work right now.

Oh yeah and our virtual baby shower is on Sunday the 1st. I will probably be largely staying out of view of the camera for that lol.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

You sure to have a lot going on this week!  Hoping everything goes great!

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

So if my math is correct, your baby is due the end of November? My birthday is the 24th 🥳👌 November birthdays are the best!! Enjoy the virtual baby shower and hoping for a great week ahead for you 👍

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. He's due the 30th. The other goal this week aside from getting all the goodie bags made is I want to get the crib, changing table, and stroller put together (car seat is already in our SUV). I need to assist my wife in making some more progress on unpacking and putting away her clothes though, since the bins with her clothes are in the location we want to put the crib right now (we want to put it in our room to start; unfortunately one challenge of the smaller house we bought is we'll have to take the crib that we got apart to put it in a different room. At least, that looks to be the case based on the measurements I took.

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated!

Lots of scheduled and potential CI surgeries in our group.

@MaryD1944 activated in June with Sonnet 2!

@melody  first CI just activated!

@phobos512 second CI surgery this week! Wishing the best for you Matt!

@Megan L. in the process of scheduling her second CI for December!

@tmscarlett10 Tiffany’s first CI surgery is soon!

@Watersail considering a second CI!

@Samantha CI surgery is TODAY!

Am I missing anyone?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Samantha Thinking of you today and hoping everything is going great!

• Like 1

@phobos512, I had my COVID test yesterday, and no pre-op like I thought they might do along with it. They called me last week, and wouldn't explain anything when I asked them either. They won't even tell me what time I have to be at the hospital on thursday; supposedly will call tomorrow.

It's a bit weird, the lack of information, isn't it? LOL

Good luck to everybody!

• HearPeers Heroes

Such a busy week! Three CI surgeries in one week!

When you are feeling up to it, let us know how you are doing.

@tmscarlett10 I found out my surgery time the day before.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

Yay for November delivery! Have fun putting everything together for your baby boy.  I love putting things together 😎 I should have went to school for engineering but I’m not good at math but strangely I can put a lot of things together without directions 🤨 Good luck unpacking everything, especially your wife’s stuff before the surgery and baby. Moving is rough but worth it in the end. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Here waiting in a little cubby. Really busy this morning. Really don't like the lobby ventilation system change they've made, very challenging hearing situation and clearly not just for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

that's GREAT news! @phobos512 Glad all went well :) I'm surprised you're already posting! I got nauseous looking at my phone or computer.....

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

There's not a lot that make me nauseous. A little dizziness, probably more the aftereffects of the anesthesia which I can feel wearing off. Didn't take the arm off my glasses this time, those Oakley spring hingers are an absolute B to reassemble so figured not worth it for a day since I usually wear my contacts. I can't thank you all enough for the well wishes. That's how I know I have a real community here.

Getting discharge momentarily.

• HearPeers Heroes

@phobos512

Well sir, consider yourself lucky! I threw up 4 times in recovery and one grand finale just before I got in the car 💪 HAHA. I talked to my surgeon yesterday and he said that the anesthesiologist can do something about that for the next surgery. Fingers crossed. Good thing you have options - I didn't wear my glasses for a while after my surgery so my eyes were a little red. HPs is a great space/place to hang out :) it truly is a community full of support! Have a restful rest of the day and weekend!!

• Like 1