AudioStream with Sonnet 1 question

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

If we want to use AudioStream with our Sonnet 1 processors, do our audiologists need to set our Sonnet 1 processors up to use the AudioKey2 app?  At the moment my Sonnet 1 processors are set up to still use the original FineTuner.  

I am interested in using the AudioStream.  Do I need to have my Sonnets set up by my audiologist to use the AudioKey2 app in order to start using the AudioStream?

Thank you for your help.

Hi  @Mary Beth

thanks for your question. Great to read that you are excited about AudioStream!

The AudioKey 2 app is only necessary for the first configuration of AudioStream and your phone. Afterwards the app is not necessary anymore to use AudioStream and you could still use your fine tune remote control. An audiologist visit would not be necessary for that 😊

However, what is more important if you want to use AudioStream with your SONNETs is your smartphone, here is an extract from our website with more information:

AudioStream can be used as a Made for iPhone (MFi) Hearing Device and supports the Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids (ASHA) technology. MED-EL recommends keeping your device(s) updated with the latest version of the iOS or Android operating system. AudioStream is compatible with iOS version 11 or later and Android version 10 or later.

You can find more information at the bottom of the AudioStream page on our website, a list of devices compatible with AudioStream can also be found there: https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream

Hope that answers your question! If you want to know more, please let us know.

Best, Verena

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Verena! @MED-EL Moderator

I was confused because I was told that to use the AudioKey (original app) with my Sonnet 1 processors as a remote, I would need to have my audiologist configure my Sonnet 1 processors to use the app and that would result in no longer being able to use my FineTuner remote. 

I am glad that the AudioStream will directly connect with my phone without the need to go through the AudioLink and without the need to have my Sonnet 1 processors configured by my audiologist.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator Verena

WillI need to use the AudioLink with my Sonnet 1 processors to set up the AudioStream for initial use or does this statement only refer to using the remote control and other features of AudioKey 2 app?

4AAB38E2-7042-41BB-8BF3-157B314B6CE9.png

Hello all,

I am new to this HP forum. I am seeking information on the AudioStream. I use a Sonnet (switched on in December 2018 in Manchester, UK) Please can someone advise on when the AudioStream is available for purchase in the UK and what the recommended retail price will be? Many thanks in advance. Andy 

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream