traditional hearing aids vs bonebridge

jadepedro

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm definitely happy that the buying hearing aid days are over for me. I only wish I had moved to CIs sooner.

• HearPeers Heroes

Don't get me wrong they have been amazing. The only issue I had with them was they had a filter I the ear hook and they would get worn out and needed to be replaced twice a year. I found that if I dried them regularly they wore out faster. So I stopped drying them and their fine. Siemens was great and have sent me new one when ever I needed them free of charge.

• HearPeers Heroes

I had phonaks from my first hearing aid to my last. They had these tiny filters that you had to change out every couple of months as well. They were a pain in the neck to replace. Don't miss those days

• HearPeers Heroes

Mine were mostly Widex's and last - Oticon BTE.

I can't say that I was unhappy but - it was nothing like the BB. Indeed - because of clarity and the possibility to discriminate better or words and sound from further distance. This I never had with my ha's.

• HearPeers Heroes

Very individual thing. Just a matter of finding the hearing aid that works best for you. I loved my PHONAK ha but didn't prefer a couple other brands I tried. I guess our brains can be a little picky :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam - you forget one thing, my conductive hearing was and is corrupted since the beginning; your's is not.

Also, conductive hearing loss was always disobeyed like something not important...- Ok, we'll add some amplification and - this is it...

But unfortunately the nature of conductive hearing loss lies at the little bit further into the unknown land...

We are going little bit - off topic again...

• HearPeers Heroes

You are correct, I was reffering to Sensorineural hearing loss as that is what I had. Very aware that isn't the only type.

No stop getting us off topic Ivana. Sheesh. :D

• HearPeers Heroes

No, no Adam...  :blink:  You are making mess in the BB stable again.. :D  :D  :lol:  :P

I know that you know, but do other people know - that they don't know? :blink:  :P   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

Well your both off topic here. This is Javier's post and it's a about his son Diego!!! Remember this is why we have the "chatty forum!"

• HearPeers Heroes

Well your both off topic here. This is Javier's post and it's a about his son Diego!!! Remember this is why we have the "chatty forum!"

Kara - than we shouldn't talk about HA and CIs too, should we?

• HearPeers Heroes

Let's just face it. We tend to stray off topic at times. Smile. But we always do respond to the original poster's questions/comments. It may make the forum a little messy, as Ivana puts it, but at least it keeps this forum active.

Not that long ago, this was a very quiet place until Adam helped bring it back to life.

• HearPeers Heroes

And since we are already so far off topic......

A BIG thank you to the MedEl staff that solved the SPAM issue.

• HearPeers Heroes

We should Ivana it gives people perspective. And advice really.

• HearPeers Heroes

Let's just face it. We tend to stray off topic at times. Smile. But we always do respond to the original poster's questions/comments. It may make the forum a little messy, as Ivana puts it, but at least it keeps this forum active.

Not that long ago, this was a very quiet place until Adam helped bring it back to life.

Yes Mary Beth, but we have become too messy - even I don't know where certain information is, how can someone who drops here for the first time to orientate him- or herself?

That is why I am always inviting that we chat in the chat topic.

This was quiet place because forum had communication's problems. We didn't have a proper moderator - big thanks to Erik Haugsby because now we now that someone is on the guard with whom we can actually speak and wait for an answer.

I believe this was also crucial point - we already had chatty forum but unfortunately not a miderator. That's why we lost a very valuable member of the team - John. I still hope he'll be back. Recently Matt Laxton started to post again.

At some point we have to keep the clarity of the forum - otherwise the forum will become a private party.

Pardon me, but I really felt I needed this to say.

• HearPeers Heroes

inthink it's definitely off to a good start. We should stick to the chatty forum for chatty things though.

• HearPeers Heroes

You are correct Ivana. We want newcomers to find the info they are searching for.