Introduction and a question

Ilaria

Hello, I'm Ilaria from Italy. I have the Sonnet 1 in my left ear and a Cochlear implant in my right ear. I was wondering if there is someone else who has two different implants (BTE) and if there is someone who has two different brands with OTE (Rondo 2 and Kanso 2 maybe). This month I have to do the upgrade and I have two options: two BTE implants (Sonnet 2 and N7 for Cochlear) or two OTE implants (Rondo 2 or 3 and Kanso 2). I'm reluctant about the second options because I fear they are going to be too incompatible with two OTE with different brands, features and with the fact they are of recent development. On the other hand I think not having a processor behind the ear is so convenient. So I hope someone in my same situation can read this and could leave a feedback. Thanks so much in advance!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ilaria

welcome to HearPeers!

I had been using BTE CI processors primarily but switched to off the ear processors and found that I much prefer it.  If both off the ear processors have telecoil, you can stream with an Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  It works great.

Do you mind if I ask why you chose two different brands?  I have read posts from several people with different brands and I am always interested in reading about their experiences.

Hi Mary Beth thank you for your reply! I'll definitely take in mind your feedback. I do have an Artone 3 MAX so if you say it works great with off the ear implants great! I actually didn't choose directly to have two different brands. I had my first implant at 12 years old and it was a Cochlear and then the same doctor 7 years later suggested (and definitely pushed) me to take his advice to have a Medel implanted. So I had to trust him and I can say I didn't regret it. Thank you for your time :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ilaria

I’m glad you have an Artone already.

Rondo 2 and Sonnet 2 both have telecoil built in. And we can use MT or T.

Rondo 3 uses telecoil adapters that plug into the port and our audiologists can set the mix or telecoil only in programs.

Check about Kanso 2.  I do not know it’s telecoil status.

Wishing you the best!

There is a man on the FB group Cochlear Implant Experiences who has a Cochlear and Med-El. I think his name is Jeff Bricker. You may want to search that forum.