TV streaming options

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Robert Russell!  Welcome to HearPeers.

This is a much easier format to discuss TV streaming options.

Tell us what you are wondering about TV streaming options.

You use Rondo 2 right?  But are interested in Rondo 3?  One side or bilateral?

Bi lateral. To say my aud. Is less than energetic is the understatement of the year. I need help. I went down to Vanderbilt 4 years ago and they were wonderful but at 87 and the pandemic I would like to find it in NYC where I have an apartment.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Robert Russell

Bilateral audio streaming from the TV to Rondo 2 processors:

1) Artone TVB connected to the TV with Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop and Rondo 2 on T for streamed audio only or MT for a mix.  Note: Rondo 2 processors are known to have a ticking sound when on T.  This can be completely solved by having some of the auto features turned off.  Med-El in house audiology can guide your clinical audiologist.

I reviewed the Artone neckloop and Artone TVB here:

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

I do not have a financial connection to the company.  I just love their neckloop.

2) Phonak transmitter (Roger Select or Roger Pen) plugged into the TV via the dock and Roger MyLink neckloop receiver and Rondo 2 on T for streamed audio only or MT for a mix.  Note: Rondo 2 processors are known to have a ticking sound when on T.  This can be completely solved by having some of the auto features turned off.  Med-El in house audiology can guide your clinical audiologist.

————

Bilateral audio streaming from the TV to Rondo 3 processors:

Both option 1 and 2 above will also work with Rondo 3 if you attach the Rondo 3 telecoil adapters to the Rondo 3 ports.  With Rondo 3 we need to have our audiologist create a telecoil only program if we want streamed audio only.  Otherwise it will be a mix.

There is a third option for Rondo 3 as well.  Use the AudioLink (Med-El’s intermediary device).  The dock is plugged into the TV and AudioLink streams to the Rondo 3.