Jacqui

Jacqui thorpe

Hi I’m new to t group my operation is 16th December and I have chosen rondo 3 for my cochlear implant 

very nervous but excited for my better hearing journey 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jacqui thorpe

Welcome to HearPeers!  I am excited for you!

Rondo 3 is an exciting processor.

I have been implanted for 5 years. Best decision ever.

Feel free to tell us a bit about your hearing loss if you wish.

Here is a link to my CI story in case you are interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jacqui thorpe welcome to the group!!

My 2nd CI surgery is scheduled for December 21 😊🦻 Even though I know what expect, I’m still nervous like the first time. Ask us any questions you may have! Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted 😊

Thankyou I’m so wanting desperately for it to be a success I’m worried about the surgery but know I’m in good hands Covid don’t help iv been isolating for 14 days so being in my own is really getting to me 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jacqui thorpe 

Stay positive! It’s completely normal to be worried. Things are different with COVID19. Maybe there’s a tv show you can binge watch (I’m currently watching Schitt’s Creek 🤣) or a book to read to keep your mind off things? 

Johns Hopkins (where I’m having surgery) is not allowing any additional people except patients. When I heard that, it stopped me in my tracks. But it’s been probably 5 weeks or so and I feel prepared to tackle it solo...at least I hope 🤞 where are you having your surgery?

My surgery is at a private bupa hospital in bingley West Yorkshire it’s just the lead up to the operation anxiety 😂

I’m not sure I think it will be 4 weeks xx just hoping I’m doing the right thing 🙏🏻

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jacqui thorpe

Have you had hearing loss for a long time?  Are you using hearing aids now?

Getting CIs was the best decision ever for me.  I give thanks every morning when I put them on.  Amazing, life changing tech.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Jacqui I just had the CI for my right ear done in November in Boston, Massachusetts and I was pretty blown away by how well everything really went and I agree with Mary Beth even though I'm in the true beginning stages of hearing through my CI -- each day I am actually more excited to put the sound processor on than I am to make my daily coffee!

• Like 2