Power one Batteries

Ken Pekarek

I am new here and this topic may have been brought up before.

I have had my Sonnet Implant since September 2018 and think it is wonderful. My rechargeable batteries are good for almost 8 hour and I started using the Power One P675 Implant Plus batteries supplied to me. I like them very much. I am using them up and need to resupply myself. When I check on them the Implant Plus for 60 are about $38.00 to 60.00. While looking I found Power One Mercury Free for about half the cost.

I think I understand that the Mercury Free may not last as long as the Implant Plus.  My question is does the Mercury Free cause any harm or danger with my implant if I am not using the Implant Plus?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Ken 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ken Pekarek

I use Power One Implant batteries too.  Surprisingly my insurance covers them when purchased through Med-El US.  You may want to check with your customer service rep to see if your insurance covers them as well.  I am on the quarterly battery shipment plan with Med-El US.  I receive 3 boxes of Power One Implant batteries and just pay my co-pay amount.

It is important that we use IMPLANT batteries.  Be careful when buying online.  Power One also makes 675 batteries for hearing aids.

Thank you Mary Beth. 

I needed this clarification and I will check with MED-EL Customer Service.

Ken

I have the Sonnet EAS in left ear. September 8, 2018 UW Madison Hospital

MY right side is almost completely deaf dealing with Meniere's for over 15 years.

My Medicare only covers one CI.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ken Pekarek

I have lots of family in Madison Wisconsin.  Great place!

(I live in northern New York.)

Yes, Madison is a great city and place. I was treated for Follicular Lymphoma with a Stem Cell transplant in UW Madison in 2007,  Still in remission. Had my cochlear Implant put in there too. 

Since my implant I have been struggling with vertigo and balance.  After two years of therapy my therapist has run out of things to address and she recommended a Neurologist for a different approach.  I am going through MRIs and tests to see what is going on. 

I'm not complaining...just interesting how somehow I am never a simple thing to deal with...hahaha.  Two ENT's, two therapists, my family doctor, audiologist, and everyone seems to be puzzled by my situation.  I may need Cervical neck surgery and will see a Urologist Thursday, then go through a diagnostic EMG...something to do with nerves and senses in my body.

I know you didn't want me to write a book.....sorry. Just a puzzling adventure.  Haha!

Ken

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ken Pekarek

Wishing you the best for your medical appointments and sure hope your vertigo difficulties can be resolved soon.