Rondo 3 battery life POLL

Mary Beth

Rondo 3 battery life  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your Rondo 3 battery last?

• Under 10 hours
    • 10-12 hours
    • 13-15 hours
    • 16-18 hours
    • 19-21 hours
    • 22-24 hours
    • Over 24 hours

• HearPeers Heroes

How long does your Rondo 3 battery last?  Please enter in the poll.

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dani

@Tomas

@Richard G (your input helps us even though you switched to Rondo 2)

@2monkeys

Please scroll up and enter your Rondo 3 battery life in the poll.  Thanks

@Mary Beth,  it'll be interesting to see the results. I figure I have two votes, have cast one for the processor always above 17, the other have improved slightly the past weeks, if today and tomorrow is above 16 I'll cast another 16-18 otherwise 13-15.

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, Tomas said:

@Mary Beth,  it'll be interesting to see the results. I figure I have two votes, have cast one for the processor always above 17, the other have improved slightly the past weeks, if today and tomorrow is above 16 I'll cast another 16-18 otherwise 13-15.

Just above 16 hrs yesterday, 15 1/2 today, that would put my second processor in the 13-15 category..., but it turns out I o ly could vote once, so with a + 16 average I cast  16-18 hrs 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tomas

I will cast your second vote for you.  I do not have Rondo 3 so you can use my one vote.

2 hours ago, Salik said:

really disappointing to see the battery life of Rondo 3 is not more than 18hrs.

"Not more" 🤣

It would be great if it would reach 18h.

Yesterday I was deaf on one side for 4 hours because my Rondo 3 lasts only for 14h

Edit: but maybe it is because there is no filter turned on in any program in my Rondo (I don't want any filter)

1 minute ago, Dani said:

"Not more" 🤣

It would be great if it would reach 18h.

Yesterday I was deaf on one side for 4 hours because my Rondo 3 lasts only for 14h

i m rondo 2 user since April 2019 and at that time i used to get 18+hrs but now its 16.5hrs 🙄

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

I would think using Omni mic setting on Rondo 3, which I assume works like using Omni mic setting on Sonnet 1, would use only one mic and turn off the ASM 3 features.  This should not use more battery than using 2 mics with ASM 3 features active, right?

The Rondo 3 battery life is too short for my listening day and that is why I changed my mind about selecting Rondo 3 when I upgrade.  I am so appreciative to all Rondo 3 users who shared their real life battery experiences.

i was wondering about the smart watches got so much better in battery life, for example my parents using fitbit versa 2 and i used fitbit versa 3 and i found out my versa 3 smartwatch got better/quick charging with ease to connect the charger also battery life is 2.5-3 days depend on usage. Why didnt the Medel Rondo3 didnt improve like these smart watches? To me battery life is more important and adding quick charger or new wireless quick charger would be more benefit. 

@Mary Beth You are right since they(medel) have added 2 mic and ASM3 would eat up more battery juice, look like they (med-el) didnt update the battery size on Rondo 3 maybe its same size battery from Rondo 2 as some Rondo 3 users has experienced 14-15 hrs battery life.

I am new to HearPeers and was wondering if anyone knew what the the status of the Rondo 3 is?

I got a Rondo 2 back in November of 2020 and signed up for the Rondo 3 SWAP. 

I got a single email saying that the Rondo 3 would be available by the end of the year.

I have not received anything since then.

Anyone get a Rondo 3 via the Rondo Swap program yet?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kevin T

I read that people are finding out from their audiologists when they can swap.  You may want to contact your audiologist or Med-El customer service rep.  I hope you can swap soon.

Thanks @Mary Beth

I have followed up with my audiologist. She says that I need to contact Med-el for follow up.

I contacted my Med-el customer rep and he does not have any other answers either.

I sent an email to med-el customer service today. Hoping to hear back from them soon.

Two big benefits for me with the Rondo 3. Microphone Directionality and the audiolink.

Thanks again

On 1/30/2021 at 3:23 PM, Mary Beth said:

I would think using Omni mic setting on Rondo 3, which I assume works like using Omni mic setting on Sonnet 1, would use only one mic and turn off the ASM 3 features.  This should not use more battery than using 2 mics with ASM 3 features active, right?

That's right. But I don't believe this is the reason that soundprocessors need so much more power than good old hearing aids (2x p675 vs. 1x p13). Power is needed for transferring the signals from the SP to the implant using electromagnetic induction. And only if a signal is to be transferred. My thinking is: If the processor filters as much noise as possible (using ASM) then there is less work to transfer those signals to the implant - the batteries can last longer.

My vision is very bad so I can't rely on my eyes but I *must* hear everything. In my case the filtering is done by my brain altogether.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Very interesting. My first Rondo averaged about 18 hours. I didn't log the numbers as I do now but I wore it on average about 16 hours a day and had about 20% left when I put it on recharge. My current one is averaging and opening level of 14.14 with a low of 13.25 and a high of 15.10 and I have to connect my power bank almost every evening just to keep going. I'm going to Bern tomorrow to exchange it.

My local Med-El representative told me before my surgery that they would replace any Rondo 3 whose battery life was less than 16 hours. 16 hours meets nearly all my needs: 14 does not.

I need to pay more attention to how long my rondo lasts me, out of curiosity. I messed up the charging pad again on Sunday so it didn’t get a full charge. Still got 10 hours of streaming use out of it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Rondo 3 seems much more sensitive to its position on the charging pad than Rondo 2.  Quite a few people are reporting charging issues with Rondo 3.  Some people are purchasing and using the USB charger plug at night instead of the charging pad.  (In some countries that USB charging plug comes in the kit and in other countries it does not.)

Will be getting my Rondo 3 next week. Hoping to get enough battery life out of it although I’m not sure I will from the poll results. Using the Sonnet 2 right now and I have it on about 16 hours a day.