Rondo 3 battery life POLL

Mary Beth

Rondo 3 battery life  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your Rondo 3 battery last?

• Under 10 hours
    • 10-12 hours
    • 13-15 hours
    • 16-18 hours
    • 19-21 hours
    • 22-24 hours
    • Over 24 hours

Any idea what could suddenly be causing this?

My Rondo 3 just up and died on me again, despite being plugged into charging via the cord as always. Easy to know it’s charging as the orange light comes on. 

No power outage as I didn’t have to reset any of my clocks (range, microwave,  alarm clock). Happens about once a week. I reached out to Med-El but also wanted to ask here in case anyone might know. 

Ok now that I’ve finally tried charging the Rondo and using at the same time… does anyone else hear a continuous humming sound when the rondo is plugged in? I’m using the regular charging cable. Waiting on the mini battery pack (delivery tomorrow). Hoping it’s not the same otherwise I won’t be able to use it. It’s just as bad if not worse than the ticking sound heard when the T-Coil adapter is plugged in. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

That is frustrating.  Try putting the Rondo3 in flight mode and see if that annoying sound goes away while charging and wearing it simultaneously.

@MED-EL Moderator any suggestions?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Did you solve the humming issue when charging Rondo3 while wearing it?  

I haven’t tried flight mode yet. The only reason I’d want to charge and keep using is when streaming so if the solution was to work I’d have to switch to T-Coil (Artone). 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

hmmm impossible to charge and use the telecoil adapter at the same time with Rondo3 as they attach in the same port.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Now that your Rondo3 is proves tiny two issues related to its port, I recommend you schedule a 1:1 tech support zoom session and see if things can get addressed.

-did not charge correctly even though it was plugged in

-humming sound when charging and using it 

There may be an issues with your processor.

Keep us posted.

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

@Mary Beth yep! I have a 1:1 later today with a CSM. My Rondo died again Saturday after 4 hours of use and about one of those hours was streaming. It was plugged in via cable from about 10pm to 9:30am (approximate). That said, the charging cable does make the Rondo turn on which two AuD/CEM’s have said that if it’s on and charging it might not always get a full charge but that’s more for “on the go” charging and not simply charging. It simply takes longer to charge when on. They’ve also said the hum is normal and due to current passing through but I’ll see what technical support says later today. 

I might just forego charging and using at the same time. Would be an awesome feature to have tho!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Seems like it’s not much of a feature if it hums while charging.  I hope it’s just something wrong with your Rondo3.

Getting a whole new processor sent at some point; process is being started with Customer Service. It shouldn’t suddenly be lasting 4-6 hours some days and 12-19 others.  

And the AuD I spoke with hasn’t heard of the hum while charging, no one’s reported it that she was aware of. Hoping the new processor will resolve that. 

I don’t know if turnaround is usually this quick but replacement processor will be delivered sometimes Friday. I’ll have my tools with me and if delivered during the day I’ll pop home from work to grab the replacement then on the way home send the old one back. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

In my experience, replacement processors and items covered under warranty are handled VERY quickly by Med-El US.

Let us know if the humming while charging happens with the replacement Rondo3.