Rondo 2 battery life after the first year POLL

Mary Beth

Rondo 2 battery life after the first year of use  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your Rondo 2 battery last after its first year of use?

• 10-12 hours
    • 13-15 hours
    • 16-18 hours
    • 19-21 hours
    • 22-24 hours

• HearPeers Heroes

How long does your Rondo 2 battery last after it’s first year of use?  Please enter it in the poll.

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

• HearPeers Heroes

Moving this poll to the top of recent activity so members see it.  Scroll up to add your info to the poll.

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't actually know, I've never run out of battery life.  I've been wearing Rondo2s all the time during COVID.   I usually put them on at 7:00 and am in bed by around 10:30 so I don't know how long the battery will actually last.

• 2 weeks later...

After posting that my battery life was 16 to 18 hour for the past 16 months, it has all of a sudden dropped to about 15 hrs. This is about an hour short of what I need. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 4:23 AM, Tommy C said:

After posting that my battery life was 16 to 18 hour for the past 16 months, it has all of a sudden dropped to about 15 hrs. This is about an hour short of what I need. 

all of the sudden it has dropped an hour is really bad, did you change any mapping or any setting changes?

since many of us facing Rondo 2 battery life deteriorating, how are you recharging rondo 2 if you are at the work or travelling or outside home? i have extra wireless charging pad at the office but do anyone of you using power bank built in wireless charging.

3 hours ago, Salik said:

all of the sudden it has dropped an hour is really bad, did you change any mapping or any setting changes?

@SalikNo, nothing was changed. I thought that it was just an odd occurrence at first but it turned out to be consistent. I find myself using my sonnet 2 with disposable batteries more situations now. Still prefer the Rondo 2, just wish the battery life had not dropped off as it did.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

I think until Med-El releases rechargeable batteries that last my long listening day (16 hours including streaming) for five years of daily use, disposable batteries will be the best fit for me.  

@Mary Beth

I can adapt to what ever battery issue is thrown at me. At my age in retirement I am not very active any more. When this pandemic goes away that will change somewhat but I think that I can still adapt. I am so thankful that I can hear well enough to handle my own business without help if my family, the battery issue seems small to me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tommy C

I am so glad you love your CI.

I am thankful for this amazing gift of hearing every day too.

After about 1-1/2 years my Rondo2 battery has failed I was Dow to about to about 10-12 hrs a call to MEDEL customer service a replacement was set out the new improved Mr. Rondo2 is preforming above expectations I am getting 18-19 hours with the new replacement I actually think the replacement it better then the original I think they may have changed supplier or improvements on the battery.

5 hours ago, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

After about 1-1/2 years my Rondo2 battery has failed I was Dow to about to about 10-12 hrs a call to MEDEL customer service a replacement was set out the new improved Mr. Rondo2 is preforming above expectations I am getting 18-19 hours with the new replacement I actually think the replacement it better then the original I think they may have changed supplier or improvements on the battery.

Do we have to send whole Rondo 2 to replace new battery?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

yes.  Only Med-El replaces the Rondo 2 battery.  In the US, we process a Rondo 2 replacement either under warranty or as a repair (through insurance or self-pay).  Then we are sent a replacement Rondo 2 like @Dave in Pittsburgh described and we return the Rondo 2 that is no longer working correctly to Med-El .  It’s quite easy in the US.

I hope it is not too complicated for you.

Be sure to tell the customer rep which side left or right and also you want them to map the replacement Rondo to its present mapping your new Rondo will arrive there will be a prepaid envelope to return your old Rondo to MEDEL the replacement Rondo will not have a magnet so you will have to take the magnet from the old Rondo to put in the new Rondo it’s very easy. I didn’t receive the tool in my Rondo2 box so you will have to have MEDEL send the tool it’s a no charge item be sure to tell them this when ordering the new Rondo so it come together .

Remember you have a 5 year warranty so if the battery is running low don’t waste time as time fly’s.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

great tips!

Med-El US changed the length of warranties on upgrade kits received in 2020 and after to 3 years (which now matches other brands in the US).  So our upgrade processors will be under warranty for 3 years.

• 5 months later...

Ok so my Rondo 2 battery life been down to 16hrs from 16 n a half hr and i m still managing to recharge it at work for 10-15mins which give me 1+ hr more battery life.

• 5 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 2/24/2021 at 7:16 AM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

Be sure to tell the customer rep which side left or right and also you want them to map the replacement Rondo to its present mapping your new Rondo will arrive there will be a prepaid envelope to return your old Rondo to MEDEL the replacement Rondo will not have a magnet so you will have to take the magnet from the old Rondo to put in the new Rondo it’s very easy. I didn’t receive the tool in my Rondo2 box so you will have to have MEDEL send the tool it’s a no charge item be sure to tell them this when ordering the new Rondo so it come together .

Remember you have a 5 year warranty so if the battery is running low don’t waste time as time fly’s.

After two years of constant COVID use, I was also noticing a reduction in how long one of them stayed charged.  I emailed my CSR and had a new unit really quickly.  They do ask for the old one to be sent back - Rob told me they send them to Innsbruck where they can be repaired, but I don't know what they do once they put a new battery in.  It's still a used unit.  Possibly donate?  I don't know, but I'm very impressed with the responsiveness to the problem.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

In my experience Med-El US sends us refurbished processors when our processors need to be replaced under warranty.  The processors we return are sent to Innsbruck, refurbished and put back in circulation as replacement processors under warranty.

• HearPeers Heroes
6 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

In my experience Med-El US sends us refurbished processors when our processors need to be replaced under warranty.  The processors we return are sent to Innsbruck, refurbished and put back in circulation as replacement processors under warranty.

That makes sense.  They'd have to make the refurbished unit meet the original specifications of the unit - that's a requirement of both the EU medical device directive and the US FDA.