Med-El US Zoom presentation on AudioStream, Artone BT neckloop and AudioLink

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I registered for the Feb 4 presentation.  It is also available on Feb 13.

Anyone else attending?

https://web.cvent.com/event/25578510-1f51-405c-888c-dbb320e49710/summary

@Joan

@Dave in Pittsburgh

@Megan L.

@Jared Charney

@Mary Featherston

7EB6A29A-6328-4F99-A370-70D7D5235E43.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Got my zoom connection details and password for later, just want to check where 'Standard Eastern' time is? Europe, Asia or Australia NZ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ haha none of them! Its the States :) Eastern Standard time is the States - like where I am in NJ 🙃

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Megan, well that's completely fooled me! Never thought about Eastern U.S. You are all Western to us over here in the UK. I was assuming that as Med-el is in Austria Europe, the time zones are that way ⬅️ opposite! Dohh! Looks like I've missed it.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ 

🤣 Haha its all good! But I understand your thinking 👍 Actually you have not missed it, its 1:06pm here and the meeting is at 6:30pm tonight. I'm not sure though how far ahead in time you are compared to the states...so it may be very late for you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well.... I did initially think it would be very late (11.30pm) If it had been Europe, Asia, or NZ times... but as it's the other way, it looked more like the meeting is done and dusted!.... sigh! (Oh why can't the World be flat with ONE time zone!) 😂

I'll hang around till 11.30pm and see what happens.... expect to see some match sticks propping my eyelids open.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ 

It looks like you are 5 hours ahead of us. So you are correct, the zoom meeting would start at 11:30pm your time. I think they also record the meetings for people who might not be able to make it. I may not be able to make it since it's my brother's birthday but we'll see! HAHA that would be a sight to see - you with match sticks to keep your eyes open 🤣

• HearPeers Heroes

It's getting late in the evening already, brain is starting to shut down, goodness what I'll be like at 11.30pm, watch out for zzzZZZzzzzzZZ! Hope to see you later if you make it, big scarf tonight or has it warmed up a bit?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ 

Sounds good! And a scarf maybe 🙃 it has not warmed up, we actually got some snow this week and are expecting more. So maybe, I'll move to warmer room 🥶☃️❄️

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

Hi Lawrence

This Med-El presentation via Zoom is being presented by Med-El USA.  That is why it is at 6:30 pm East coast time which is 3:30 pm west coast time in the US.

Does Med-El UK offer presentations via zoom?  They would be at a more reasonable time for you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Mary,

@Mary Beth I doubt if Med-el will be doing any presentation in the UK because of such few members to watch it, larger audience in the U.S. it seems.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow! That meeting was really useful.... I never knew that there was an app for the Artone neck loop! Nice also to know that BOTH battery frames are within the Audiostream kit. Brilliant.

• HearPeers Heroes

Edited  

@Mr-LJ

They were talking about US AudioStream kits.  Things may vary in other countries.

Nice to hear AudioStream range is 30 feet whereas according to this presentation tonight from Med-El only 10 feet for AudioLink.

Yes iPhones have Live Listen which turns the phone into a remote mic which then streams to some connected devices  (I think I tested it with my BOSE headphones).  It’s free to use.  Artone also sells a small clip on remote mic called Artone Mic.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Very true about the variations between Countries.... hopefully there might even be a *Price* variation too, if exchange rates are better for the UK 😋

@Mary Beth that’s the site I went to. At the bottom of that page it says “Sold Out”. If you try to add it to your cart, a message pops up “Product is sold out.”  Disappointing. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

It seems like that app is no longer available.  Test out Live Listen with your iPad.

The Artone Mic remains an option for a remote mic too.