Med-El US Zoom presentation on AudioStream, Artone BT neckloop and AudioLink

Mary Beth

@Mary Beth I really don’t need the app for myself but I thought if I had it I could show others what was available. Since it’s no longer available, I think it’s a bit unfortunate it came up in today’s meeting as a viable option. Lots of excitement over something that’s not available. Maybe it will re-emerge at some point. We can always hope!

• HearPeers Heroes

For those who missed the first presentation about AudioStream....  it is being presented again on Feb 13 at 12:30 eastern time.  ( @Megan L. I checked and was told this presentation is really at 12:30.)

Free to attend but must register.

https://web.cvent.com/event/6eef69a6-6fd3-45df-83f5-9a4a11c5f0be/summary

F633D9BF-4B03-4A5F-99D9-91F1C07AFB0C.png

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ and @Joan

I reached out to Artone about the Artone Mic app for android phones.  They plan on re-releasing it so stay tuned.

I actually all ready register for the second time I found it very interesting and informative.I may have missed something on the first event 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth Thanks Mary, will be interested to see some app for the Artone.... I've re registered again to see the meeting again for a second time. I felt the first time was quite quickly conducted and was difficult to take it all in.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Would love to chat with someone as it is quite literally years since I last had a conversation with another ci user.

I'm hoping to attend but as always waiting to find out my schedule. thanks for posting!

• HearPeers Heroes

Good Morning Beth and all..... very cold Britain here and won't be going out anywhere today.

Yes, the Med-el meeting yesterday 12.30pm your time, was good. Although it was the same agenda as last time it was a good opportunity to hear parts that I missed. Gave me a chance to take the previous meeting in so I could ask a further question on the AudioStream which was satisfactorily answered yesterday, and that was if the AudioStream while in use, cuts out the processor microphone. Apparently the microphone works 50/50 in a similar way to the yellow plug of the Direct Audio Input lead. I wondered if the Mic would be cut out completely, this may be something for later but for now it is 50/50..... if you get how I explain this.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

yes it is a mix of processor mic and streamed audio.  We can increase the volume of the streamed audio and decrease our processor mic volume to alter the 50/50 mic but there appears to be no way to get 100/0 streamed audio only.  (Streamed audio only is my preferred audiobook setting with the Artone and my processors on T.)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Unfortunately, it being Saturday I got to cleaning and it totally slipped my mind 🤪 ugh! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

Several of us attended so we can share what we learned during the GoogleMeet at the end of the month.

Hi All, 

I attended the second meeting on Audiostream/AudioLink/Artone and came away pretty impressed but also overwhelmed. I've created a google doc (public) so that we can input information that tabulates features of each connectivity option, as well as processor compatibility. I would REALLY love community help!! 

Here's why I am doing this. I find that Med-el's webpage (https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity) is not quite comprehensive enough, and yet also overwhelming! What if I just want to know what the AudioStream can do, when compared to the Audiolink and the Artone 3 neckloop plus Artone remote mic!

My public, anyone-can-view/edit-Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mThyl7WZrFYTj77pfXFPpOnW1UcDLgLiRzwWkt_dISY/edit?usp=sharing

Please jump in and fill in whatever comes to mind, I'll monitor it and tidy up as we go along. 

-Alexa Schriempf

Edited by ats169

• HearPeers Heroes

@ats169

I tried to edit and input info in that document but it is not easy.

Will you copy and paste the info here instead?  Then people will add more comments.  You will get much more feedback here in posts.  Just start a post called AudioStream q&a , another called AudioLink q&a and a third called Artone q&a.

AudioStream and AudioLink each have their own folders for their posts.  Artone can go into the assistive tech folder.

6 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

AudioStream and AudioLink each have their own folders for their posts.  Artone can go into the assistive tech folder.

Can you clarify please -- I am not clear on where these folders are that you mention.

@Mary Beth