Troubleshooting AudioKey 2 with Rondo 3

Camelchasers

I’m getting my daughter’s Rondo 3s setup and I’m having a difficult time connecting them to AudioKey 2. I’ve connected them to the AudioLink, and I can get AudioLink to connect to AudioKey 2 successfully, but the Rondo 3 does not connect. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to get these to properly connect? 

4FA6DD00-0ABA-4D49-A3EF-588D09F4C484.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Camelchasers

These YouTube videos from Med-El seem to be for the first AudioKey app but maybe they will help

@Camelchasers Have you tried switching off and on your daughter's RONDO 3 right before you try to pair it with AudioKey? According to our product experts there might be issues if the processor has been turned on for a longer time before trying to pair. Moreover, it's important to choose "direct connection". 

Please let me know if that has helped solve your problem :)

Best, Verena 

• Like 2

@Camelchasers

If you want to pair the Rondo 3 direct then you have to turn off AudioLink.

If you want to pair Rondo 3 using AudioLink then AudioLink must be turned on and you have to choose connection type: AudioLink on the previous page.

You have to pair both types if AudioLink is not turned on 24/7

I am just having no luck. I have tried to connect them directly without the AudioLink, but they are not discovered by AudioKey2 at all. When I try to connect through AudioLink, the first issue is that the AudioLink only appears to only be connected to the left processor despite having the lights confirm connection to both CIs on AudioLink. Secondly, despite the AudioLink connecting successfully to AudioKey2, it tries to connect with the left processor (remember, the only processor that appears connected), but fails every time. 

Anyone have anymore ideas? My daughter’s audiologist has said she wants us to have this all setup before we go in for the appointment to program these because they tend to spend lots of time most of the appointment time on this step otherwise, and I would really like to avoid that to make the most of our time together since I live quite far from my audiologist. 

Thanks! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Camelchasers

Are you in the US?  If yes, Med-El USA has staff that will help you.  You can contact Med-El USA to be put in touch with someone who will help you.