Bonebridge Candidate!

Maddie

I have posted maybe a month and a half ago about candidacy and I have finally found out this past Wednesday that I am eligible to have one. I get a CT scan in 2 but the waiting list it pretty massive at this time (9 months waiting time) because of COVID. Sucks but I am so happy that I will be getting one!

Now for some questions:

1. Are there additional accessories that you recommend? Such as Samba 2 GO? And why?

2. Is there any accessories that are very similar to the mini microphone 2 from Cochlear America’s?

3. How often does medel release new Bonebridge devices?

4. How has your experience with the Samba 2 been?

5. Is there anything you think I should be aware of when I do eventually get the Bonebridge? I have a ton of hair (thick, long and curly)...do you get a ton of feedback from your hair?

I can’t really think of any other questions but if you think I should know something, I would love to know!

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Natasha
I am currently using a Samba 1 and I don't use any accessories.
I am hoping to upgrade to Samba 2 very soon.

I can let you know a little bit more about it when I do.

Samba 2 just got released here in Canada recently, I have had my Samba 1 since 2016, so it doesn't seem that they release new technology too often, you won't be constantly upgrading. As for you hair question, I can't help you there, mine is shaved down to almost nothing ;)

Best of luck with your CT Scan and your surgery. I had mine done here in Ottawa and it went very well.