AudioStream - 1 week using it, big thumbs up!

Justin

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

I have a friend with iPhone 12 that is having connection problems with AudioStream.  I have iPhone 8 and AudioStream worked great.

Yes, it's a real head scratcher. They're supposed to call today hopefully with a fix. It's strange

will do, completely perplexing that no matter what we did it will not work w/the iPhone again 

@Mary BethLooks like I won't hear back until tomorrow, do you use AudioStream with other devices besides your iPhone ? 

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I have a friend with iPhone 12 that is having connection problems with AudioStream.  I have iPhone 8 and AudioStream worked great

Concerning iPhone 12 there are issues with other MFi hearing aids, too. But meanwhile apple should have fixed this with a software-update. But Jared Charney has an iPhone 11 which always should work. I have a SE 2020 at it works nearly all of the time.

Only once I had connection issues with one side (I have two). At this time I "ignored" the MFi connection and tried to reconnect using AudioKey2. But it still didn't get connected both sides at once. Then I tried pairing only one side at once (and therefore the other side got lost) and then tried to pair both sides simultaneously again. And in my case it then worked again. Till today.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

I read about BT connectivity and made for iPhone hearing device problems with iPhone 12.  Apple sure is taking a long time to get it all fixed.  Med-El does not have iPhone 12 listed under compatible AudioStream devices.  

@MED-EL Moderator How often is the AudioStream compatible device list updated?

No, and at this point I'm a little disappointed that I haven't heard back or that she didn't reach out to say it's going to take more time/etc. and even more disappointed that it's not getting used for my primary reason/need

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

It’s my understanding that Med-El US in house audiology is taking the lead on AudioStream.  Have you been in touch with one of the in house audiologists in Durham?

I'm not sure where I'm calling bec. it's a toll free number but I spoke with Meredith Hill and she tried to help me fix it and when we couldn't said she would contact the engineers in Austria 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Meredith Hill is on the Med-El US in house audiology team.  You can also reach her by email.

Yes, thank you, I do have her email and I followed up yesterday and she was hoping to have an answer for me today but I haven't heard back hoping before the weekend to solve this

I'm also having problems with iphone 12 and audiostream. It dropped the connection today so I unpaired it and then repaired it. I can only pair one (I have bilateral audiostream). When I pair them both, it doesn't connect even though it says "success" This happened before and it worked when I paired one at a time. That didn't work this time.  I can only get one to work. The latest software got installed on my iphone today and that might have made things worse. So it's an iphone 12 problem?

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

I don’t know.  For some reason iPhone 12 is not included on the Med-El AudioStream list of compatible iPhones.  But that could just be a result of whenever Med-El updated that list last.  

iPhone 12 is however creating BT connectivity problems for various made for iPhone hearing devices.  So it is not only an AudioStream issue with iPhone 12.  

I have iPhone 8 running 14.4.2 and bilateral AudioStream worked fine.  Once in awhile the left AudioStream had a bad connection.  Turning BT on my iPhone off and then back on, solved it.  AudioStream sound great and connects automatically in the morning.  

Have you contacted Med-El about your AudioStream problem?

I've emailed them but haven't heard back just yet. I finally got both on my bluetooth profile but they keep losing connection so i realize it's an iphone 12 issue and not just me being crazy. Turning off and on bluetooth this morning didn't do it but closing and opening the audiostream on my processor worked. It works fine with my ipad so it's clearly an iphone 12 problem

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

I think Med-El in house audiology is addressing AudioStream problems so hopefully they will hear from anyone experiencing issues and can try to find solutions.

for your iPhone 12 does AudioStream show up under settings- accessibility-hearing devices?

Do you have HandOff enabled on your iPad and iPhone 12?

Ah I see. But I hand connection issues before downloading the app on my ipad

On 4/29/2021 at 2:20 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Dani

I read about BT connectivity and made for iPhone hearing device problems with iPhone 12.  Apple sure is taking a long time to get it all fixed.  Med-El does not have iPhone 12 listed under compatible AudioStream devices.  

@MED-EL Moderator How often is the AudioStream compatible device list updated?

@Mary Beth thanks for question! Unfortunately I cannot provide an exact answer on this. However, we are testing new phones whenever possible and the device list is updated when we have new results. 
Best, Verena

• Like 2