AudioStream - 1 week using it, big thumbs up!

Justin

On 2/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, Lynda said:

@Mary BethThank you Mary Beth.  I think I understand.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out if everything that I could possibly need is compatible with a Samsung S9 Plus, before I invest in one.

Thank you also for your good wishes for activation (trying so hard to keep my fingers out of it until then - it is so itchy🤪)

I've just recently started using my audiolink. I was using my airtone seems forever but it finally went and quit on me 😒. So I pulled audiolink and downloaded new app app works great in my note 10 so 9s should work fine. Only problem I run into with my audiolink is I lose controls on app if I'm streaming but if I pause things it goes back to normal. I have 2 sonnet 2 EAS 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike

I am glad AudioLink works for you.  With my Sonnet 1 processors and iPhone 8, the AudioLink does not deliver right and left at the same time. They are out of sync and smeary.

@Mary Beth @Mike

Last month I got the Samsung S9+ and am using the AudioStream with my original Sonnet EAS, implanted about 10 years ago.  I am upgrading this to the Sonnet 2 EAS (I have Sonnet 2 EAS in the other ear just activated in March).  The upgrade includes an AudioStream so I will have one for each side.

When I access AudioKey2 app on my phone it shows 2 choices - AudioStream and AudioLink.  I select AudioStream to listen to music on my phone.  I have not selected AudioLink, via the app, for anything.  Does selecting AudioLink with the app allow you to turn it on and off?  I use AudioLink with the TV but I just walk over to it to turn it on (it's not like I live in a mansion with big rooms LOL). 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

It’s my understanding that those 2 choices AudioLink or BT are for the app remote control features to work with our processors.

Sonnet 2 connects directly via BT to the app for remote control functions.

Sonnet 1 connects to the app for remote control functions through the AudioLink.

As far as AudioStream, after configuring the AudioStream through the app (top left menu), we no longer need to use the app at all for AudioStream streaming purposes.

https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey2

920F5F8B-B430-46F5-876D-80697F7ABEBD.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Justin  @Mary Beth

I received my second Sonnet 2 yesterday.  After numerous reconfiguration attempts, AudioKey2 still refused to recognize that I now had two Sonnet 2s (it kept looking for one Sonnet and one Sonnet 2).  My audiologist suggested that I would need to delete the AudioKey2 app and start over.   After doing that, I was able to simultaneously stream to both AudioStreams perfectly.  However, I was unable to use the Listening Settings (volume buttons, etc. ) in the app.

I then paired the phone to the AudioLink, and was able to use the Listening Settings in AudioKey2.  The only way I can use Listening settings is if the AudioLink is turned on and bluetooth between the phone and the AudioLink is active (AudioLink must be in bluetooth mode - blue light on). 

So I use the Fine Tuner Echo to adjust Listening Settings (volume, etc.)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

You are the second person that I know of who has experienced the same exact thing.  AudioKey 2 app had been working for the other person but after AudioStream was configured through the app, they can no longer use AudioKey 2 as a remote.

This is NOT supposed to happen.

In the AudioKey 2 app, there is a way to report issues.  Then you should receive a response.

I suggest you do that.

I am wondering if I should upgrade this summer or wait until things are better sorted out.

Do you notice a sound quality improvement with Sonnet 2 in your established ear?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

here is how to send feedback directly to Med-El AudioKey 2 team in the app

1C080C76-3701-4D94-939E-6CE087AAF800.jpeg

4EEE0111-B99B-4AFB-A004-9B55470B6B7E.jpeg

@Mary BethFeedback sent - thank you.  Honestly Mary Beth, how do you remember all of this stuff?  No wonder you're a Guru!

I just received the upgrade very late in the day yesterday and have been occupied all day today so haven't had much chance to notice anything yet.

As of yesterday I have the same 4 programs on both processors

Pgm 1 - ASM 3 natural 

Pgm 2 - OMNI 

Pgm 3 - adaptive

Pgm 4 - electrical (other 3 programs are EAS)

Homework to try out the first three programs and keep notes on what I like & dislike and sounds I have problems with.  Next appointment a month from now.

Edited by Lynda

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

The terms I am familiar with from ASM 3 are

adaptive intelligence mild

adaptive intelligence strong

transient noise reduction

ambient noise reduction

Omni, natural and adaptive are incorporated as well as wind block.  These were new features in ASM 2.

The main feature that excites me about ASM 3 is that the new chip can determine noise by its characteristics. ASM 2 relies on sound location.

@Mary Beth this is what I have...Adaptive Intelligence Mild...and clear as mud to me...

Program

Description

Strategy: fs4-p; FS: 100-8500 Hz; Maplaw: 500; Compression Ratio: 3:1; Default Volume: 90%; Default Sensitivity: 75%; AI: Mild ; Directionality: Natural

Strategy: fs4-p; FS: 100-8500 Hz; Maplaw: 500; Compression Ratio: 3:1; Default Volume: 90%; Default Sensitivity: 75%; AI: Off; Directionality: Omnidirectional

Strategy: fs4-p; FS: 100-8500 Hz; Maplaw: 500; Compression Ratio: 3:1; Default Volume: 90%; Default Sensitivity: 75%; AI: Off; Directionality: Adaptive

Strategy: fs4-p; FS: 100-8500 Hz; Maplaw: 500; Compression Ratio: 3:1; Default Volume: 90%; Default Sensitivity: 75%; electric map only - EAS disabled

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

It is so cool that you have ASM 3 in Canada.  It sure is taking a long time for ASM 3 to be released in the US.

A lot of the info above are the default settings our audiologists use and only change if there is a need.  I use a lot of the same defaults.  Based on when we were activated, the default settings can change.

These are default settings:

frequencies 100-8500 Hz

Maplaw 500

compression ratio 3:1

sensitivity 75%

Your volume is set at 90% which means you can increase volume a bit with your remote.

You use strategy FS4-p.  I use FS4.  They are similar in many ways.  Here is a link if you are interested 

https://silenceamidstsound.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/med-el-speech-processing-strategies-fsp-fs4-fs4-p/

You are using adaptive intelligence mild in program 1.  That is an ASM 3 feature.

The adaptive intelligence features are turned off in programs 2 & 3.  

program 2 is omni  (uses one mic and picks up sound from all around us)

Program 3 is adaptive (uses 2 mics and suppresses noise from behind)

Your program 4 is CI electric only and does not mention if adaptive intelligence is on or off nor which mic directionality setting is used.

I am interested in trying adaptive intelligence strong (instead of adaptive with AI off) because it is supposed to be more sophisticated at handling noise- no matter where the noise is coming from.

Which program do you like best so far?

@Mary Beth    I haven't had a chance to use anything but program 1 so far.  The audi suggested that I try program 2 outdoors.  If I'm ever allowed to go to a restaurant again I'll try program 3 (we're under a stay-at-home order due to covid).

She did say that we would start with mild and move up to strong later.