After surgery

Dave Tolliver

please someone shed some incite on how much pain you were in after surgery. The reason i ask is i feel i have some issues going on. 

On 3-11-2021 i had my implant put in. It is now 3-16 and if i dont take Ibuprofen i get a sharp pain right in the center of ear. Is this normal? I spoke with the surgery nurse and she said that it is fluid and i should hydrate. today was a bad day in regards to the pain so im looking for answers. My surgeon is about 3 hours away from me so i cant just drop in and have him check me out. I will see him on Friday (3-19) but i dont know if i can wait that long. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave Tolliver

I am sorry you are in so much pain.  I did not experience much pain with my CI surgeries.  

• 1 month later...

I am sorry that I didn't see this until now. My doctor put me on hydro’s for my pain. I couldn't take them because they make me very sick. So, for the pain, I am using Tylenol. Since my surgery on the 31st of March, my pain has lessened except for the pressure in my ear. I think everybody experiences it different than most. I hope when you see your doctor, he can help you better.