AudioStream with HA

DaveD

Is anyone using the AudioStream at the same time as hearing aid? I haven't purchased the Audiostream yet for my Sonnet processor and I'm contemplating purchasing a new hearing aid for my non-implanted left ear. I also intend to stream from my Google Pixel 5 phone. Many hearing aids finally now support Made for Android as well as the ubiquitous MFi. Per emails with a Google tech support person, who is actually a Cochlear N6 implantee, it should be possible to do what I want. Just curious if others have already gone down this path.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

Med-El USA lists the Artone BT neckloop as the connectivity option for bimodal (1 HA and 1 CI) users.  That makes me wonder if it is possible to stream simultaneously with AudioStream and a BT HA.  I hope you keep us posted on your experience with this.

My understanding was that one of the Samsung phone models specifically supported simultaneous streaming to two different BT devices. I'm not a big fan of Samsung and in theory, the newer Google Pixel phones should support multiple streaming. I'm just a bit reluctant to fork out the cash for two devices (AudioStream and new HA) that ultimately fallback to just t-coil streaming. I'm currently doing that with the Artone 3 Max but if I could get BT with wider frequency range, no neck loop, less electrical interference, that would be sweet!

I'll certainly post updates as I learn more about this.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

That would be sweet and lots of bimodal users would be very interested in hearing about it!  Good luck!