Audiostream connection

Roy K.

Noticed that BT connection with my iPhone tends to spontaneously drop after sometime if not actively using Audiostream. Is this a known issue? Any solution?

Also, what happens if you receive a phone call while actively streaming? 

Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roy K.

The phone call is supposed to take precedence and after it ends your streaming should continue.

Thanks. Any insight into AudioStream repeatedly dropping BT connection with iPhone - even in the middle of streaming. Thanks again!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Roy K.

No.  Sorry.  Have you tried having your iPhone HA accessibility forget the AudioStream and then pair them again?

Are you using the new disposable battery pack with the wireless symbol?

It should not drop in the middle of streaming. It does seems to get disconnected for me whenever I leave my phone and wander far enough away to lose connection, when I come back it’s lost the connection  (this is when I’m not streaming).

Also, it’ll seem to drop but actually my phone will have latched on to another Bluetooth device. So make sure You don’t have any other Bluetooth devices powered on nearby. Such as in Artone max 3, the AudioLink, or other headphone type device. This was actually happening to me today during a call!

Another feature of iOS is that it can “hand-off” audio connections between iPhones and iPads. Could be this going haywire. If you have an iPad put it in Airplane mode to rule it out.

It could be a bug on either the iPhone or MedEl side. They’d both want you to be on the latest version of iOS, so try an update. I would try “forgetting” then re-pairing the AudioStream.  When you can’t figure it out, I would take it to the Apple Genius Bar, since Apple has access to diagnostics about the Bluetooth connection that MEDEL won’t be able to access.

You should certainly talk to MEDEL as well, maybe they’re getting other reports of this issue.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:01 AM, Justin said:

Also, it’ll seem to drop but actually my phone will have latched on to another Bluetooth device. So make sure You don’t have any other Bluetooth devices powered on nearby. Such as in Artone max 3, the AudioLink, or other headphone type device. This was actually happening to me today during a call!

Argh, I should have read this before yesterday! The same happened to me, too.