Replacement batteries on Sonnet 2 and Audiostream

cwoodrow55

Hello, 2 questions regarding replacement batteries with the  new Audiostrean Sonnet 2 adapter. 

Does the Audiostream require a different disposable battery holder than the standard one?

I have lost mine and one rechargeable battery and the replacements are $$$ on the Med*El store.

Are there any cheaper ways to get these?

• HearPeers Heroes

@cwoodrow55

The AudioStream requires the new battery pack for disposable batteries or the new rechargeable battery adapter.  They are marked with a wireless symbol of curved lines.

When we purchase the AudioStream through the Med-El US shop we choose the kit for rechargeable or disposable batteries and the new battery pack or new rechargeable battery adapter comes with the AudioStream.

If you have the AudioStream already but lost the correct battery pack or rechargeable adapter, you can contact your customer service rep to find out your options.

To my knowledge, these items are presently only available through Med-El .

How do I find out who my customer service rep is (or is it the staff at the hospital that is activating and fine tuning my CI)?

Their answer was to buy and pay directly with Med-El Store. The other option is to wait one year and Medicare will replace some batteries

• HearPeers Heroes

@cwoodrow55

If you contact the main customer service email for Med-El US, they will help you connect to your CSR.

Medicare has covered quarterly Power One disposable batteries.  You can discuss that with your CSR too.