Artone 3 Max T neck loop

If you are a US user of Artone 3 Max neck loop, be advised that this product has no US support. They are located in Israel and have facilities in Israel and in Czech Republic.

When it works, it is wonderful, but when it break's, they will want you to spend about $50.00 to ship it to one of their facilities abroad. 

Mine purchased only 3 months ago developed a broken inside contact in side the charging port. First they offered to fix it if I ship it to Israel or to EU (Czech Republic).  They added that it will take more than a month to have it fixed and returned to me. In the alternative, they have new units available in the US but i will have to pay for it with 50% discount.

In the exchange of email, Artone decided without a benefit of hands on inspection, that I caused the problem, therefore the warranty does not apply. Clearly a disingenuous argument since they have not even inspected it.

Therefore, be ware if you are in the US. perhaps it is not a good idea to purchase one here.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

I am sorry your neckloop broke.  I have been using Artone neckloops since 2016 almost daily.  I have several of them.  Only one has stopped working in 5 years.  

We can purchase the Artone neckloop several different ways for $129 and free shipping.  However if it breaks after the return period but within the one year warranty, it is complicated to get it replaced since they are based overseas.

We can also purchase the neckloop through Med-El US for a higher price and then Med-El offers a warranty.  Check with Med-El for length of warranty period. (Possibly 2 years)

Added:  I suppose purchasing it through Amazon and adding the optional 2-3 year coverage would be an option too.

Thank you very much for responding, Beth. I am furious because I bought it directly from Artone thinking that they will stand behind their product.

Not only they wanted me to ship this to Israel at my expense but they immediately assumed that the charging port defect is my fault and they will be doing me a favour by fixing it for free provided I pay the cost of shipment. There is nothing in the instruction brochure about overseas shipping at customer's expense. It is simply bad business and totally disingenuous.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

The Artone is a great product for me and I like that it is much less expensive than other options.  I wish there was an easy way to deal with warranty issues in the US.

I have never used the Amazon extended warranty so I am not familiar with that process.  If it works well, it seems to be the way to purchase the Artone at the lowest price and obtaining a 2-3 year warranty.

Med-El US now sells the Artone in their webshop.  It is priced higher and recently the price increased.  But we would deal with the warranty through Med-El US and our CSR if the Artone broke under the warranty period.  Med-El has always honored their warranties well in a very easy and fast manner.

• Like 1