can't re-connect AudioStream to original Sonnet

Lynda

First I tried the AudioStream with my Sonnet 2.  I could hear the music through the processor but, as this one was activated not long ago, it is definitely not my dominant ear.

So then I tried it with my dominant ear which has the original Sonnet.  It worked and I listened to music for several hours.

Then I left the room without my phone and I suppose it dropped because I was out of range.  Well I have tried everything to get it back.  Sometimes AudioKey2 says "failure to read", other times AudioKey2 seems to accept it and it says "Successful" but when I play music it comes out of my phone instead of going to the AudioStream.  

Please note that I have an Android phone and under Settings/Hearing Enhancements there is nothing to select Lynda's hearing device.  Other than that I have followed Justin's instructions.  It worked before, why does it not now?  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

AudioKey2 is only needed the first time to configure the AudioStream.  We do not need to use AudioKey 2 after that for streaming to AudioStream.

Have you tried turning off your phone’s BT and then turning it back on?

@Mary BethIf it wasn't for covid & we weren't in different countries -  I could kiss you!!!  I guess it's true that sometimes the easiest solution is the right one.  All this technology is going to be the death of me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hang in there @Lynda

This tech is amazing.  Smile.

Enjoy streaming!

By the way, if you get a second AudioStream music is fantastically amazing in true stereo!

Thank you so much @Mary Beth.  I am looking forward to a second one, and not just so I won't be 'forced' to hear myself sing LOL.   (When I attempt to sing along, the mic of the processor without the AudioStream picks up my voice, so I hear the good singer in one ear and me in the other.)  Thanks again and have a great day.

My left ear (activated 9 and a half years ago) has the original Sonnet with EAS - I have been wearing the AudioStream on this one.

My right ear (activated 5 weeks ago) has the Sonnet 2.  My audiologist has mapped both an EAS program and an electrical only program.  Since activation I have been using the electrical only program.  This week we will add the earmold and start rehabbing with the acoustic/electric program.  Weirdly, I am starting to become comfortable with the electric only program.

My original Sonnet also is mapped with an EAS program and an electrical only program.  I have always used the EAS on that side.  I tried the electric only program and hated it.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda I am going to send you a HP mail message in a moment.  Check the top menu and look for the envelope.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but my audistream once dropped the connection with my phone too so that I couldn't hear through audiostream. Medel said to delete it from my phone and pair it up again. I did that and it worked

• HearPeers Heroes

@karenRS

I think that is the nature of BT devices occasionally.  You can also turn off BT on your phone and then back on.  It’s quick and establishes a new connection to AudioStream. (Could be helpful if this happens mid phone call.)

I tried that but it didn't work. I had to disconnect it from the app and then pair it again.