Connectivity problems with AudioStream

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sultan Aliyev

Thank you for sharing that!  Looking forward to the AudioStream update!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When they say “update,” I assume we will someone be able to apply a software update to the AudioStreams? Is that correct?

Another update on my AudioStream experience: I'm finding that I have to repair it more and more. In fact, I'm trying to do just that as I'm typing. Also in the last couple of weeks when I'm taking calls to my iPhone it keeps bouncing from the streaming to the normal way of using an iPhone and it can get so bad that I sometimes have to turn off my AudioProcessor completely. I will be sharing this with Medel shortly. On another note I've still be unable to pair the processor this morning most likely I will get it done but it's frustrating and not a good start to the day.

• HearPeers Heroes

We definitely need the AudioStream to be more reliable with iPhones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Charney said:

Another update on my AudioStream experience: I'm finding that I have to repair it more and more. In fact, I'm trying to do just that as I'm typing. Also in the last couple of weeks when I'm taking calls to my iPhone it keeps bouncing from the streaming to the normal way of using an iPhone and it can get so bad that I sometimes have to turn off my AudioProcessor completely. I will be sharing this with Medel shortly. On another note I've still be unable to pair the processor this morning most likely I will get it done but it's frustrating and not a good start to the day.

Kinda sounds like whatever software type is in the AudioStream is somehow getting corrupted. :(  

Has anybody tried iOS 15 public beta yet to see if that fixes the issues or if Apple has even addressed hearing devices yet in the net? Or (sorry), is this purely a MedEl issue at this point?

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

I don’t know.  But I have friends with iPhones using direct streaming to AB and Cochlear brand processors who have not experienced any of these issues when iOS updated.  They had experienced issues during other iOS updates.

In my opinion, it is the way AudioStream and iPhone interact - so both an Apple and Med-El issue.  But that is just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm new in this forum
I have new Sonnet 2 and audiostream, it connects perfectly with the mobile, but when there is a time of inactivity, when I want to put an audio, it gets caught, and it disconnects, it goes crazy.
My mobile is Iphone 13 pro max with IOS 15.0.1

10 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Alberto

Cuando eso sucede, ¿cómo consigues que se vuelva a conectar?

Turning off the processor and turning on again, and that is not comfortable for if they call you on the phone!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Alberto

Is this happening when you move away from your phone and the AudioStream loses connection due to distance?  Or even when you have always been close to the phone?

26 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Alberto

¿Sucede esto cuando se aleja de su teléfono y AudioStream pierde la conexión debido a la distancia? ¿O incluso cuando siempre has estado cerca del teléfono?

always been close to the phone

• HearPeers Heroes

@Alberto

The quickest way I have found with AudioStream and my iPhone when it loses connection is to go under accessibility…. Hearing devices… and check if it is listed in gray or black font.  Black font means it is still connected.  Click the arrow and it shows up green for streaming.  Gray font means it lost connection.  Remove AudioStream from Sonnet/Sonnet2, push it back up and place Sonnet/Sonnet2 very close to phone.  Then check that the font is now black.  If black, click on it and green for streaming appears again.

This only takes 2 minutes but is not at all helpful if it happens when receiving a call.

13 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Alberto

The quickest way I have found with AudioStream and my iPhone when it loses connection is to go under accessibility…. Hearing devices… and check if it is listed in gray or black font.  Black font means it is still connected.  Click the arrow and it shows up green for streaming.  Gray font means it lost connection.  Remove AudioStream from Sonnet/Sonnet2, push it back up and place Sonnet/Sonnet2 very close to phone.  Then check that the font is now black.  If black, click on it and green for streaming appears again.

This only takes 2 minutes but is not at all helpful if it happens when receiving a call.

That I have, but it is not very comfortable. everything is correct, there is no way to establish a stable connection ...

• HearPeers Heroes

@Alberto

Until the AudioStream issue gets resolved, have you tried using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop?  It’s hands free for phone calls.  I’ve been using it for 5 years.  Works great.  Processor on MT for mix or T for streamed audio only.

2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Alberto

Until the AudioStream issue gets resolved, have you tried using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop?  It’s hands free for phone calls.  I’ve been using it for 5 years.  Works great.  Processor on MT for mix or T for streamed audio only.

I know it, and I have been using it on my computer for 2 years, but it is not comfortable at all if I go down the street. Interference is generated, but do you know what can happen to the audiostream? and can I update the phone to IOS 15.0.2 that came out yesterday?

I'm new to audiostream, any tips or tricks are welcome so that it won't be a problem, thanks
And sorry for this translation, I'm Spanish

On 10/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, Alberto said:

I know it, and I have been using it on my computer for 2 years, but it is not comfortable at all if I go down the street. Interference is generated, but do you know what can happen to the audiostream? and can I update the phone to IOS 15.0.2 that came out yesterday?

I'm new to audiostream, any tips or tricks are welcome so that it won't be a problem, thanks
And sorry for this translation, I'm Spanish

If connecting to two devices with your AudioStream, make sure the one you do not want to connect to has Bluetooth disabled otherwise the devices tend to fight to control things.

• 1 month later...

Had my first audio interruption happen today. Not sure if it was an iPhone issue, my car’s BT, or the AudioStream, all of the above. 

My music was streaming over my car’s BT while driving as usual, only this time I kept hearing the AudioStream connecting and disconnecting. It caused 5-10 seconds or so interruption each time, for the duration of the two trips. Haven’t had this happen before and not sure what changed suddenly to cause this. Any solution?

I am using iPhone running the iOS prior to 15.1, just checked and the phone needs updating to 15.1 so I’ll do this right away. Already checked for any updates needed to AudioStream and it’s up to date per AK2 app. Not sure if the pending phone update could’ve suddenly caused this? This is my first time having audio interrupted in any manner when the AudioStream is on. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

hmmm… My experience with AudioStream and iPhone and my car’s Car Play was positive.  The phone automatically switched to Car Play and then after I left the car, the phone automatically switched back to AudioStream.  It was seamless.  And quite impressive.

But I do not have AudioStream at the moment to test that out again using 15.1.1

@Mary Beth hmm. I haven’t tried that. Normally when I get into the car I’m not already streaming to my processors so there wasn’t anything to confuse the two systems (to my knowledge). This is the first time my AudioStream was trying to connect and then disconnecting while my phone was streaming through my car.

I have a long drive coming up today so hoping I don’t experience it again as it wouldn’t make for a fun hour plus drive with AS clicking on/off the whole time.

Overall though I’ve been loving the AudioStream and this doesn’t deter me at all. Just something new that popped up out of the blue that I’ll eventually figure out. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

If it happens again maybe try turning off the BT on the phone and then turning it back on and going into BT to select your car instead of AudioStream 

I didn’t have any connectivity issues on my drive out or the rest of the day, and hoping for same with my return trip. I scrutinized my BT and AS connectivity settings before starting out, not something I normally do, and didn’t see anything amiss. I’ll do the same before starting home just in case. 

Doubtful I’ll ever figure out what was different about yesterday but not worried about it.

Hi! how are you? how long!

Is there a long-term solution to this problem? Now it happens less to me but it is still very annoying to do the steps to make it work. Thank you.