We need your help and feedback!

MED-EL Moderator

MED-EL’s Research and Development team is currently testing a new version of the AudioKey 2 app—and they are looking for MED-EL users to test it too! :)

The test will be done remotely via MS Teams and will last approximately 90 minutes. It can be done in English or German. During the test, participants will be asked to perform eight different tasks in the app's demo mode. The participants will be guided through the whole test and no special previous knowledge is needed.

Requirements: 

You should...

• Be a user of SONNET, SONNET 2, or RONDO 3
  • Have a laptop or desktop computer
  • Have a smartphone (iOS or Android)
  • Have a stable internet connection
  • Have at least basic experience with video calls

If you are interested in participating, please send us a direct message with your contact details. We are looking forward to hearing from you! 

The MED-EL Moderator team 

• 1 year later...

If you have any similar needs for samba 2 / Samba 2 go users please contact me!!    

I have iPhone,  android tablet and win11 PC.   All connect via Gigabit fiber internet.

One stop testing!! 😂😂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 7:07 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

MED-EL’s Research and Development team is currently testing a new version of the AudioKey 2 app—and they are looking for MED-EL users to test it too! :)

The test will be done remotely via MS Teams and will last approximately 90 minutes. It can be done in English or German. During the test, participants will be asked to perform eight different tasks in the app's demo mode. The participants will be guided through the whole test and no special previous knowledge is needed.

Requirements: 

You should...

If you are interested in participating, please send us a direct message with your contact details. We are looking forward to hearing from you! 

I am a bit late to the party, what happened to this?

I have been battling audiokey2 for a full year now and finally got it to connect without issues. It still is not easy to figure out which processor is the one I want on the list. When you get a replacement processor the program has trouble with getting the new processor connected.

I have had many issues with replacement processors connecting to all my devices. I have had to pull the battery on them to make them learn a new device. The audiokey2 app seems okay with stacking them in there, but now try to figure out which one you want to use...

Fortunately I am retired and have time for fiddly,,,

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Glenn said:

I am a bit late to the party, what happened to this?

I have been battling audiokey2 for a full year now and finally got it to connect without issues. It still is not easy to figure out which processor is the one I want on the list. When you get a replacement processor the program has trouble with getting the new processor connected.

I have had many issues with replacement processors connecting to all my devices. I have had to pull the battery on them to make them learn a new device. The audiokey2 app seems okay with stacking them in there, but now try to figure out which one you want to use...

Fortunately I am retired and have time for fiddly,,,

Hello! The discovery process can be a tad flaky. The method I've found that works best is to turn off the CI, turn it on, and immediately scan in the app. This usually ensures that the scan and broadcast window line up for the longest period possible. This increases the success of pairing. The only "solution" I can give for setting the processors you want in the main screen is to remove the old ones. Usually, if you sent them in, you will need to add them again anyways since they likely factory reset the processor firmware. Another good idea may be to rename them as soon as you pair them. This can be done by following the steps below.

• Go to your profile within the app
  • Click on the processor you wish to rename
  • Click on the three dots in the top right
  • Click on "Personalize Processor"
  • You can then edit the name.
  • Be sure to click save!

Hope this helps!

• 5 months later...
On 8/2/2023 at 7:43 PM, John Schulz said:

Hello! The discovery process can be a tad flaky. The method I've found that works best is to turn off the CI, turn it on, and immediately scan in the app. This usually ensures that the scan and broadcast window line up for the longest period possible. This increases the success of pairing. The only "solution" I can give for setting the processors you want in the main screen is to remove the old ones. Usually, if you sent them in, you will need to add them again anyways since they likely factory reset the processor firmware. Another good idea may be to rename them as soon as you pair them. This can be done by following the steps below.

• Go to your profile within the app
  • Click on the processor you wish to rename
  • Click on the three dots in the top right
  • Click on "Personalize Processor"
  • You can then edit the name.
  • Be sure to click save!

Hope this helps!

Interestingly, my app (iPhone) seems to automatically replace the old processors in its system when I sync a replacement, which has made that part fairly seamless. Also, I do the same as you: CI off, back on, immediately start scan in the app. I also hold them close together.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:07 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Requirements: 

You should...

Is this still open and is it open to parents of child CI recipients?

Please note - this survey has been closed. No more entries possible.