Stream from desktop PC to AudioStream?

StarStuff

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

yes with my ear.  I’m sure you can find the dimensions of the ear cup online. Maybe compare them with your present headphones?

Yup the whole kaboodle fits in the cup. But dare I ask, how big are your ears? 😀🤣😂

• Haha 1

Bigger than some, but not as big as others. 👂😇

5 minutes ago, Dennisjbr said:

@Eric in Tulsa, do @Mary Beth and i need to send you a video demo of putting the headphones over our Sonnets?  

I think I get it. I just wasn’t sure the ear cup was that big. The cup on my Cowin headphones isn’t that big, even if I had chipmunk ears I couldn’t get it over the ear and a processor. 
Now I just have to figure out how to sell it to the Mrs. you don’t think the doctor would write a prescription for them do you?

3 hours ago, Eric in Tulsa said:

Now I just have to figure out how to sell it to the Mrs. you don’t think the doctor would write a prescription for them do you?

Hey @Eric in Tulsa, great question! If you are working and you need them for work to do your job, your employer is obligated to provide for your needs.   Now, getting insurance to pay for headphones which are not a "medical necessity" is another story.  Getting insurance to pay for an audiolink, however ,since they are directly from the CI manufacturer is easier to do.  

Another idea is if you have an FSA or HSA account and you can get your doctor or audiologist to write a letter of medical necessity for the headphones for you have a better daily quality of life, you can expense against your HSA/FSA, and even try to get insurance to reimburse that way as well.

I hope at least one of these is an option for you!  Please let us know the outcome. :) 

No FSA or HSA, I’m on Medicare.  I really was joking about the prescription. The audio link is in the kit that I get from my CI Center, so Medicare is covering it. I just have to decide if I want to pay out another $180 for a second set of headphones. I wouldn’t be in a rush to get them except it’s a special price that might not be there for long. 

I just had a very interesting conversation with the Mrs. I told her I regretted buying the Cowin headphones and told her that I was seeing now that the Bose ear cup was larger, large enough to accommodate the ear and a sound processor. Her response was, "Well, buy them."  That was totally unexpected. She asked how much they were and I told her that new were $250, but that I could by refurbished for $180. She told me to buy the new ones. Imagine that? I’ve been married to her for 51 years, and she still surprises me to this day. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Eric in Tulsa

There are lots of happy BOSE QC35 CI users here including me, @Kylie, @Nikki, @ats169 and others.  @Dennisjbrmoved onto AirPod MAX.

Purchase them in a way you can return them if not happy.  So possibly wait until after you are activated to be sure they will be comfortable for you.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Purchase them in a way you can return them if not happy.  So possibly wait until after you are activated to be sure they will be comfortable for you.

That is good counsel. I’m not in any hurry. With COVID, who knows when I’ll be implanted. 

Mr Bezos dropped these off on my porch this morning. I’m itching to try them out. 

6E1A2D4B-E170-4DEC-8C9F-77FF28B5FC1E.jpeg