Compatibility of CI and HA

Cedch

I am getting my long evaluation for a CI in a few days.  Will any CI be compatible with any HA?  I have a relatively new Phonak hearing aid and a Roger remote microphone. Would a Med-el CI work with those? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to HearPeers!

Med-El cochlear implants can now be programmed to match the timing of various hearing aids.  Check this out

Med-El processors work with Roger technology.  Ask your audiologist if the type of Roger mic you own will be compatible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Bill C

This is what @Dennisjbrmentioned to match timing between hearing aids and Med-El cochlear implants.  Ask your audiologist about this.

• 1 month later...

I confirmed with my audiologist and med-el rep that my answer is indeed correct. You can control set the MedEl processors to slow down the output to match the speed of the HA so you don’t hear an “echo.”.  

I think I threaten their job security. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! I was implanted with a Med El implant on my right side and have a Phonak Naida hearing aid in my left. It works great! Never used the Roger

Ray

• Like 2

• 4 months later...