How did you find your way to HearPeers?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I joined the HearPeers forum the day I met with my surgeon/audiologist and chose Med-El as my CI brand.  I saw it mentioned in the literature my CI center gave me.

How did you find your way to HearPeers?

• HearPeers Heroes

I found it online myself through medel website.

I first heard about it from my audiologist but it was mentioned at everything I participated in afterwards (rep 1:1, zoom meet-ups, etc). 

Before my implant, I was seeking info on Med-el and read about Hearpeers. The rest is history. I have enjoyed this forum ever since. Thanks! 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 6/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, Kylie said:

I found it online myself through medel website.

Same here.  I think.  It was three years ago, but I'm pretty sure I just stumbled on it, no one mentioned it to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I stumbled upon it through I few obstacles. Wasn’t will known five and a half years ago! Hi all. Mary Beth says you miss me! 😂

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to see you here @Kara of Canada!  Give us an update on how things are going, which processors you are using….

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all! Things are going good. This last year and a half were tricky because my regular Audi was away. So I have been seeing a new person whom I an not greatly confident in. I was having a hard time with both my mappings but finally after a few tries I  think it’s good. Still have my original sonnets. Well both still Sonnet 1. Have had both replaced a few times with the mic cover issues. Also I ruined my first Quattro so I finally got a new one. Quattro 4 pro. Love it. It’s not touch screen so I like it better. It gets good range and I’m happy with it. I love music again! Was hard with the bad mappings and no neck loop. But now it’s good. All is well otherwise. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada

I will have to look up that new Quattro.  I was not a fan of the Quattro 4 due to the touchscreen changing settings as I moved around.  

Our CI journeys are so dependent on the skills of great CI audiologists.  It’s hard when we need to switch audiologists.  I am glad things are back on track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...