Audiolink Music streaming issues.

Dennisjbr

Hi all, for some reason for the life of me I cannot get audio2ear to stream music.  Phone calls work but music does not. It used to be when I used 3rd party A2DP converter I would see the audio rate quality drop to 16hz. But now it stays at 48hz all the time so doesn’t really resample down. I also have the latest audiolink firmware 4.01 as well. Really frustrated and would love to just use the AudioLink for streaming music while exercising for example. I should know this but I’m just exasperated now. 

thanks!

Well looks like I solved my own issue!

I was testing the ios accessibility feature called "Sound Recognition." It can notify you when it hears various sounds like water running, cat meowing, dog barking, doorbell, etc.  Somehow this interferes with the ability to fix the ad2p adjustments.  

When disabling I can stream music again, albeit the quality is not optimal as @Mary Beth has called out in the past. :) 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

For me the AudioLink (and the Roger System) do not stream music well over BT due to both needing us to run an A2DP converter app which basically makes music sound like we are listening to it through a phone call.

5 hours ago, Dennisjbr said:

When disabling I can stream music again, albeit the quality is not optimal

When using AudioLink I use a cable connection the vast majority of time. The music quality then is much better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 5:13 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Dennisjbr

For me the AudioLink (and the Roger System) do not stream music well over BT due to both needing us to run an A2DP converter app which basically makes music sound like we are listening to it through a phone call.

I still think the roger system has great range and music quality is really good on Mac.  I agree you *may* need to use an ad2p for the phone but from computer the quality is quite good.  Strange and wished there was consistency across all devices.