Your Favourite Rehab Tool

John R

I am compiling a new website with Rehabilitation links to the following 

Apps
Online Programs
Rehab at Home

Partner Support

I would LOVE to hear your favourite go to tool. This page is targeted at both the new recipient and also the long time user. so no-one is left out.
The links do not need to be MED-EL ( although that helps ) but they do need to be relevant to any branded user, I notice with some manufacturers that to access their tools you have to be a recipient. I find that a little sad, we all should be supporting each other regardless of brand choice.

Hit me with yours 🙂

Thanks in advance, 
John

• HearPeers Heroes

@John R

These are available to all and are my favorites 

Word Success

iAngel Sounds and Angel Sounds

Telephone with Confidence

News in Easy English (website)

10 x 5 Sentences in noise (cSentence Noise)

Auralia Pitch Comparison

Melodic Contour Identification 

Ted Talks

Audiobooks with the texts 

• HearPeers Heroes

And I emailed three PDFs with my favorite rehab info

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:54 AM, John R said:

Apps
Online Programs
Rehab at Home

Partner Support

I would LOVE to hear your favourite go to tool. This page is targeted at both the new recipient and also the long time user. so no-one is left out.
The links do not need to be MED-EL ( although that helps ) but they do need to be relevant to any branded user, I notice with some manufacturers that to access their tools you have to be a recipient. I find that a little sad, we all should be supporting each other regardless of brand choice.

Hit me with yours 🙂

Thanks in advance, 
John

Hi John . I have created a website to do just that pdkknight.editorx.io/getanearful . Maybe we should get together.

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi what was the favorite to just relax and listen? My audi said not to worry about accessories for the moment and listen. I did play a little yesterday but with all the excitement and hearing i gave myself overload headache. Id like to make up like a little school schedule so i train every day.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Word Success app (previously known as CLIX) was my favorite training app .  When I trained using apps, I used connectivity devices.  Other than that I just listened with my processor mics.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

I love those too!  TedTalks helped me with accents.  Telephone with confidence helped me with the phone and also gave me a way to easily test out various ways of hearing on the phone.  I used both the full version of Angel Sounds as well as the shorter iAngel Sounds app.  The app is a very convenient way to work on words- especially if you alter the settings.  I like how it displayed results over time in the graph too.

@Mary Beth

I have tendency to favor Ted Talks. I’ve come to realize that the phone will be a life long issue with CapTel landline and InnoCaption on the cell phone I manage very well.

Hi, finally got angel to download and finish evaluation. Now im not sure which area to start training. Im a slow tech learnr but managed to pair audiolink to my laptop, and famiarize with this app. Any suggestions on beginning this trainer? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

I recommend that people stay with Word Success until they are achieving high scores on all four exercises of levels 1 through 5.  Then add in the more basic version of Angel Sounds called iAngel Sounds app.

But I believe @Joan used the PC Angel Sounds program so maybe she has recommendations for you.

Im trying to settle down i love the word and could do it all day but it keeps stopping so frustration is setting in. So found something else and its full of ads. Truly frustrated. Gonna take some time off, no posts to bug you rest of day

On 9/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Dianna said:

Hi what was the favorite to just relax and listen? My audi said not to worry about accessories for the moment and listen. I did play a little yesterday but with all the excitement and hearing i gave myself overload headache. Id like to make up like a little school schedule so i train every day.

http://www.tigerspeech.com/tst_soundex.html. Just came across this. To find out where to start with angel download the PDF

Just brought up my pc to follow up on what I thought was a new version of Angel. I think the reference must have referred to the 1014 version.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi All.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that I use frequently, and has the "Mary Beth" seal of approval, as well. Very simple sentences, with professional speakers, spoken at regular and slow speeds. A good intro-level tool. There are links to companion videos, as well, so you won't get bored. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/7trm_8I_ou8

6 hours ago, Kirk S. said:

Hi All.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that I use frequently, and has the "Mary Beth" seal of approval, as well. Very simple sentences, with professional speakers, spoken at regular and slow speeds. A good intro-level tool. There are links to companion videos, as well, so you won't get bored. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/7trm_8I_ou8

Nice accent, words are clear.

Hi folks, my audi and i want me to use hearing success. I ran into an error after using it once. I called customer support and she said the error means i cant have an account because i dont have an ab product, very sad. I had deleted word success from my phone just in case that was it. Darn i had 5 levels 100 percent, level 6 90 percent. If anyone has advice to the contrary (cant use) please let me know. I love angel sounds!

Di

On 9/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, pdk said:

Just brought up my pc to follow up on what I thought was a new version of Angel. I think the reference must have referred to the 1014 version.

Wow, thats old 😕 😳 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:54 PM, John R said:

Apps
Online Programs
Rehab at Home

Partner Support

Hit me with yours 🙂

Thanks in advance, 
John

Hi john, whats the website?

• 3 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, John R said:

I notice with some manufacturers that to access their tools you have to be a recipient

@John R, I have also been researching music rehab apps in anticipation of my activation. did notice that I was able to access Musical Atmospheres from Advanced Bionics here https://www.abmusicrehab.com/EN/3243. I've also heard good things about Meludia (though it isn't exclusively dedicated to CI users) at https://www.meludia.com/en/. I'm also going to try Auralia, which has both mobile and PC/Mac apps.

My full list of apps to try:

Speech

Speech Banana
iAngelSound
Games 4 Hearoes
cSentNoise
Mind_Trained
HearingHunt
WordSuccess
Speech ID 2
MedEL Hear Today
Ling
Amtify

Music

MCI Test
MusicTheoryTest
Earpeggio
Tone
Meludia
Musical Atmospheres
Auralia
Lyrics Training
Touch Pianist
Clapping Music
Relative Pitch Free
Ear Trainer
Ear Trainer Lite (try first)
Notation Pad
YouTube
Spotify
Lace auditory training
Auralia Pitch Comparison
Auralia Interval Singing
play/sing at piano

Plus a bunch of audio/written sources like TED Talks, Dr. Seuss read-alongs on YouTube, Spotify songs with written lyrics, etc.

19 minutes ago, AnnetteT said:

good things about Meludia

Hi @AnnetteT Yes I have been using Meludia and its fantastic, also I am impressed with the Advanced Bionics online resources as well. 

Thank you for your thoughts and the list 

John.

• Like 2