Battery life

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I have used cheap batteries before and my processor is fine. 

• 2 months later...

I get 2 days with 675 batteries and about 8 hours with the rechargeable ones on my Sonnet. A bit disappointed by the short life of the rechargeable ones, I have 3 of them and often need to use them all in a single day. I always carry a pack of disposable 675's in case I forget to charge or forget to bring the charger when going a way for a few days.

• HearPeers Heroes

Along with the pack of disposable batteries as back up, I also bring the disposable battery pack.  Sometimes when I travel I just switch to disposable batteries completely.  It's easier to pack.  However I find my Sonnets actually sound better when using the rechargeable batteries.  My standard rechargeable batteries start off getting 10.5 hours but decrease steadily from there.

• 6 months later...

I'm getting only 31 hours.  MedEl suggests there is something defective in my less than month old device!

• HearPeers Heroes

@10underpar

Which brand of disposable batteries are you using?  Power One Implant?

They work great for me, but I also get only two 16 hour listening days and a bit of the third day.  However, like I mentioned in the other thread, I never get anywhere near the up to hours that Med-El lists on any processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

There is also a question of how much of power do your hearing maps require?

It is dependable of a degree of individual hearing loss.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ivana Marinac - how can that be?  Doesn't the CI system bypass the non-functional inner ear?

• HearPeers Heroes

Well sort of @Mary Featherston the electrode does stimulate the hair cells which work or not which is what the brain will receive. What Ivana is trying to say is each persons Mapping is so individual that we cannot say who will use more power as some electrodes require more power than others which is also based on how much or what you can hear which is determined by your Audi during the activation and further testing and mappings. 

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Well sort of @Mary Featherston the electrode does stimulate the hair cells which work or not which is what the brain will receive. What Ivana is trying to say is each persons Mapping is so individual that we cannot say who will use more power as some electrodes require more power than others which is also based on how much or what you can hear which is determined by your Audi during the activation and further testing and mappings. 

Ah, thank you, Kara, that makes sense, I just misunderstood Ivana.

• HearPeers Heroes

Np. Ivana is our Croatian friend. English is not her first language.