Battery life

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

It seems to me there is not so much sense to track how long the batteries last. Each time it is different. Perhaps even air humidity and temperature can affect the battery performance within the same brand. And I won't be surprise if the batteries in the same package differ from each other somehow due to manufacturing process.

If translate the difference in the batteries life in money - I am not sure that it will be a big saving even in a long term.

Right - as a long time user of batteries for various types of hearing aids I can only say - follow what are your personal preferences. Everybody has own opinion - objectively, I doubt that users wouldnt already realized if any company would be significantly better. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't really follow my battery life. Always carry some with me in case they die

• HearPeers Heroes

So you at started to carry some? That's what I do. I keep them in my purse. I never leave home without a set.

• HearPeers Heroes

I never leave home without the! Inevitably I'm in the middle of something and it beeps. Funny when someone says your head is blinking red!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Sandy, now I regret that I asked to disable that lights :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't miss those dead battery blinking lights at all.

• HearPeers Heroes

I never leave home without the! Inevitably I'm in the middle of something and it beeps. Funny when someone says your head is blinking red!

Are you going to explode now, or after a dinner?  :P

Oh, Sandy, now I regret that I asked to disable that lights :)

You... BORGs!!!

Why nobody added this cool add-on to the BB?!? :D :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

If you haven't seen it yet, search in the Facebook group for Angela P. Hill and look for her post that is a video of what we look like at night in a car with flashing red dead battery lights going off. That video is what prompted many of us to have our audiologists turn that function off. Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

But I like it! It makes us unique and look at how much information we can pass on if it happens in a mall. Now walking by the White House, might be a different matter. I don't think the security guys would see the humour of us all walking with blinking red lights, but what a sight! Explode after dinner, Ivana! My humour for the day!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

If you haven't seen it yet, search in the Facebook group for Angela P. Hill and look for her post that is a video of what we look like at night in a car with flashing red dead battery lights going off. That video is what prompted many of us to have our audiologists turn that function off. Smile.

I have seen that Mary Beth :) - Just kiddin`... :P  ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

But I like it! It makes us unique and look at how much information we can pass on if it happens in a mall. Now walking by the White House, might be a different matter. I don't think the security guys would see the humour of us all walking with blinking red lights, but what a sight! Explode after dinner, Ivana! My humour for the day!

:lol:  :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

My batteries started to die last night. The processor beeped for 6:00

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, was it 6 minutes or 6 hours? Hard to believe you put up with that annoying beeping for 6 hours. I know, you are sturdy man, but....

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam, was it 6 minutes or 6 hours? Hard to believe you put up with that annoying beeping for 6 hours. I know, you are sturdy man, but....

And durable... I can't imagine this kind of torture...

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Speaking of batteries, I hear that the new DL Coil is more efficient and can extend battery life. Can't wait for that

• 6 months later...

How do you remove batteries (and place new ones)? Because I always remove batteries with my fingers, but I just found in user's manual that one should do this by using magnet in coil (to avoid touching batteries contacts)...

• HearPeers Heroes

Do anyone know if this new  DL Coil are included on Rondo processors? On Opus2 feature page of Medel web show improvement life up to 50%

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo is a one pice unit and does not use a separate coil.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I know, but I believe Rondo must to have anything similar of a coil connected to implant altough is a single piece,  so, it would improve the battery life too

• HearPeers Heroes

I used the D-coil on my Sonnets before switching to the DL-coils.  I noticed more magnet strength options, a reinforced cable, a locking coil cover option, status lights on the DL-coil and an auto off function for the DL-coil.  My batteries lasted the same amount of time.  As an adult, whenever I remove the processors I do turn them off so the auto off function of the DL-coil did not extend my battery life.  That may be different for others.

The present Rondo has been available for several years now.  The DL-coils, which only work with the Sonnets, are new.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank's Mary. The DL coil is new, but it is compatible with Opus2 and this one is older than Rondo. For this reason did the comment. Howeber, I read  a comment from Adam about 5 days battery life on Rondo, and really it is great autonomy for CI.

• HearPeers Heroes

Unless I am mistaken, the DL-coil is not compatible with the Opus 2.  Med-El has a chart that shows which coils work with which processors.  Battery life is impacted by several factors, one of which is skin flap thickness.  I get 3 days with my Rondo batteries but I tend to fall in the lower end for battery life on all processors.