Battery life

Adam

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

That is some great info, Mary Beth. Do you happen to know the cost of the DL coil? I know it will vary depending on the area. They didn't become available until after I upgraded. Just missed it. Darn.

• HearPeers Heroes

You can find the US prices by checking the price list Anthony uploaded to the FB group.  My insurance covered the DL-coils for me.

• 1 month later...

I read your reviews, I have not yet measured the zinc air battery life.
Now use the Sonnet with 2 batteries Power One implant plus provided by Medel. For comparison I bought two other brands: Duracell activair and Rayovac Cochlear. Both are 1.45 volts, I will compare them the next mapping.
I also used the standard rechargeable battery that lasts about 12 hours. I also have the small rechargeable battery but I have not yet used. They are 51 and 81 mAh.
I also saw that the larger battery Da Capo (120 mAh) is not compatible with Sonnet. I hope that the Medel will make a larger rechargeable battery for Sonnet.

• HearPeers Heroes

The larger DaCapo battery works with the Sonnet if you use the mini battery pack, which requires a cable to run from the Sonnet to the mini battery pack.  DaCapo batteries did not last a full listening day for me with the Opus2 so the standard rechargeable batteries are similar for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

My decapos did last a full day with the opus 2. Didn't realize they were compatible with the sonnet. Am I understanding that correctly?

• HearPeers Heroes

Makes more sense, I knew there was a size discrepancy. I don't have the mini BTE 

The following link presents what appears to be a voluntary Med-El Sonnet Mini Battery Pack recall for 538 units posted on the FDA web site. Three states in US are affected, along with thirteen other nations.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ires/index.cfm#Product_153386

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for that inf @David

I have contacted my CSR to see if it applies to my min battery packs.

• HearPeers Heroes

I would imagine that those affected would recieve a letter or communication of some sort. I will check with my CSR as well. Thanks @David 

You are welcome, Adam & Mary Beth.

Edited by David
Added another Member to reply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone. I have a friend here looking to buy batteries on line. Which is the cheapest? For disposables?? @shellsjf This group will help you as well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@shellsjf  the rechargeables were given free of charge to your dad. If there is something wrong with them he can exchange them. Med el is fabulous in customer service. I order my stuff from UHAC. Union hearing aid centre. They are our med el centre in Ontario. Jessica Burnside is our rep. (416) 364-2264 this is the email. medel@uhac.ca. 

Just to chime in on the cost in case anyone is looking for the disposables, I always get mine from Amazon. That seems to be the cheapest/most convenient source. I am a loyal PowerOne customer...my audio recommends them and I believe Med-EL does too. I usually buy the 60 pack for 35-40 USD.

My experience so far has been longer life from the disposables than from the rechargeables, but the rechargeables are a great concept and obviously very cost effective.

• HearPeers Heroes

To add to Scott's post, in the US even if you highly doubt that your insurance will cover disposable batteries, it is worth asking your CSR to check on that for you.  I was shocked to find out that my insurance covers disposable batteries purchased from Med-El.  If yours does, you can ask your CSR to put you on a monthly battery plan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Dear peers, if somebody knows how coding strategies ((FS4 vs. FS4-p) change the battery life?

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't read anything about the effect of coding strategy on battery life.  Sorry.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, Mary Beth. I thought to ask my Audi to change the coding strategy on my another side to see any changes in the battery life. But now, it won't help to see relevant result as at that time I am going to have the dual mics engaged. Hope, that with dual mics the battery life won't get even shorter :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cara Mia

I tried FS4p for a short time but that was in my Opus2.  I have been in FS4 almost exclusively.  FS4p had too much bass for me.  Which strategy are you using?

There is quite a difference in battery life with EAS correct?

• HearPeers Heroes

I am using FS4 for my new Sonnet EAS and FS4-p for Sonnet CI. The same problem - too much bass. Now, with the new strategy it is much better. Will ask to change the strategy for the second processor to see if I get even more improvements.

My battery life with EAS (FS4) is one hour shorter compare to what I had before EAS was engaged and the strategy changed.

• 2 months later...

Hi~ Has anyone ever used 675 battery sold by Costco for Sonnet? It's the cheapest 675 battery I have ever seen. But I'm concerned about if there is any harmful effects on processor.