Using Audiolink connected to the TV

Bety85

Hi @Mary Beth, I opened the AudioLink and photographed the inside label. I don't see any reference to firmware. Here is a copy.

Note: After turning off AudioLink and restarting Sonnet2 processor, I do not hear low battery warning and processor works properly. This happened to me using AudioLink with my iPhone AND when watching TV.

AudioLink_Oct.30,2021.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hal in Maryland

You have the same firmware version as me. 4.01.  To my knowledge that is the most current firmware version.  I am glad it is working again for you.

99C6B59C-CB0D-485B-9A3A-A3A49DDB135A.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi again @Mary Beth, Yes, it works until the processor starts low-battery beeping. I have the same low battery condition with making a test phone call with my iPhone (via audioLink).  Yesterday it was only my Right processor. I will try again today to see if it only happens on the RIGHT one.  If so, I will swap processors with my spare.

Thanks.

Hal

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hal in Maryland

If you have a spare battery cover for your Sonnet, I would try it.  In my experience the Sonnets become very quirky about batteries when the battery cover loosens up over time.

• Like 1

Problem solved, I think.

First, Thank you @Mary Beth for your suggestions.  I simply switched battery covers R/L to L/R. This did NOT fix the problem.

Next, I decided to use rechargeable batteries. I charged batteries (came with both processors) last night and this morning I installed the rechargeable batteries in my 2 processors. This afternoon, I tried AudioLink with my TV.  Works with no problem.

My best guess is that AudioLink connects to Sonnet2 processors by Bluetooth. Bluetooth may draw more current from the batteries. The 675 batteries may not be able to supply enough current as the rechargeable batteries (which I believe are 3.7v).

So far so good.  I wonder if this is a known problem or if my Costco 675 batteries do not meet the battery specs.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hal in Maryland

My Sonnets perform best with PowerOne implant batteries.  Give them a test and see how things go.

Med-El recommends disposable batteries (instead of rechargeable batteries) for the Sonnet’s BTLE AudioStream if streaming a lot.

I have not read a recommendation from Med-El for disposable or rechargeable batteries for AudioLink use with Sonnets.

• Like 1

I will try PowerOne next time I need disposable batteries. In the meanwhile, I'll use the rechargeables. Thanks.