Streaming directly from AudioStream to Sonnet/Sonnet2 PLUS a hearing aid

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I have seen this mentioned twice so far from two different Med-El country specific FB pages….

”You want to transfer sound to your audio processor and hearing aid? It's no problem! AudioStream enables bimodal streaming of compatible smartphones to both ears simultaneously.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3l2U3Dw”

How do we stream to both a Sonnet/Sonnet2 with AudioStream and a hearing aid with BT simultaneously?

Which phones can do this?

Thank you for your help.

• HearPeers Heroes

I did see more information here…

AB87BB2F-50C5-4A27-B62B-7E8F9EDF6B8D.jpeg

96DBD04B-C986-45F4-8AD4-E0BC7218E1E9.jpeg

6A93BDC4-B258-465B-B2DC-7E05845A28C0.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Is any HP member doing this?  I would love to read about your experiences with bimodal streaming  using Sonnet/Sonnet2 plus a HA.

Ditto!  I can say iOS 15 beta has nothing new towards allowing the ASHA-like features on the Android phones.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

I have seen this mentioned twice so far from two different Med-El country specific FB pages….

”You want to transfer sound to your audio processor and hearing aid? It's no problem! AudioStream enables bimodal streaming of compatible smartphones to both ears simultaneously.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3l2U3Dw”

How do we stream to both a Sonnet/Sonnet2 with AudioStream and a hearing aid with BT simultaneously?

Which phones can do this?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Mary Beth, sorry for the late reply.

Samsung has released a feature earlier this year called “Dual Audio”. This allows to stream sound from a Samsung phone to two different Bluetooth mono audio outputs at the same time. For MED-EL recipients this means, that they can stream sound from their compatible Samsung smartphone to their SONNET 2 or SONNET audio processor (coupled with AudioStream) and their compatible hearing aid on the other side.

At the moment only Samsung provides this feature, but we expect further smartphone manufacturers to implement this in the future as well.

All compatible phones and hearing aids that we have tested can be found here (at the bottom of the page under "technical data") https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream

Kind regards, 

Barbara

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Barbara!  It is exciting to see how streaming tech keeps advancing!  @MED-EL Moderator

Interesting... Thank you for this information. I'll check it out as I miss bimodal streaming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, Dianna said:

I would like to eventually have ghis, i have looked at a few hearing aids, just havnt been able to pin one down, anyone here have ci and ha?

Aye.  But have an iPhone so no Bimodal streaming without the neckloop and Telecoil.

Hi john, im still unsure, but i may be able go accomplish that. It will take me a few more days. One try is using phone and smartwatch. But i dont have an ha yet. I think i have to know if i should spend the funds on a bt ha or wait and see if we go ci onthat other ear