Streaming directly from AudioStream to Sonnet/Sonnet2 PLUS a hearing aid

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

I have seen this mentioned twice so far from two different Med-El country specific FB pages….

”You want to transfer sound to your audio processor and hearing aid? It's no problem! AudioStream enables bimodal streaming of compatible smartphones to both ears simultaneously.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3l2U3Dw”

How do we stream to both a Sonnet/Sonnet2 with AudioStream and a hearing aid with BT simultaneously?

Which phones can do this?

Thank you for your help.

• HearPeers Heroes

I did see more information here…

AB87BB2F-50C5-4A27-B62B-7E8F9EDF6B8D.jpeg

96DBD04B-C986-45F4-8AD4-E0BC7218E1E9.jpeg

6A93BDC4-B258-465B-B2DC-7E05845A28C0.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Is any HP member doing this?  I would love to read about your experiences with bimodal streaming  using Sonnet/Sonnet2 plus a HA.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

I have seen this mentioned twice so far from two different Med-El country specific FB pages….

”You want to transfer sound to your audio processor and hearing aid? It's no problem! AudioStream enables bimodal streaming of compatible smartphones to both ears simultaneously.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3l2U3Dw”

How do we stream to both a Sonnet/Sonnet2 with AudioStream and a hearing aid with BT simultaneously?

Which phones can do this?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Mary Beth, sorry for the late reply.

Samsung has released a feature earlier this year called “Dual Audio”. This allows to stream sound from a Samsung phone to two different Bluetooth mono audio outputs at the same time. For MED-EL recipients this means, that they can stream sound from their compatible Samsung smartphone to their SONNET 2 or SONNET audio processor (coupled with AudioStream) and their compatible hearing aid on the other side.

At the moment only Samsung provides this feature, but we expect further smartphone manufacturers to implement this in the future as well.

All compatible phones and hearing aids that we have tested can be found here (at the bottom of the page under "technical data") https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/connectivity/audiostream

Kind regards, 

Barbara

• Like 3

Interesting... Thank you for this information. I'll check it out as I miss bimodal streaming.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to eventually have ghis, i have looked at a few hearing aids, just havnt been able to pin one down, anyone here have ci and ha?

On 9/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, Dianna said:

I would like to eventually have ghis, i have looked at a few hearing aids, just havnt been able to pin one down, anyone here have ci and ha?

Aye.  But have an iPhone so no Bimodal streaming without the neckloop and Telecoil.

Hi john, im still unsure, but i may be able go accomplish that. It will take me a few more days. One try is using phone and smartwatch. But i dont have an ha yet. I think i have to know if i should spend the funds on a bt ha or wait and see if we go ci onthat other ear

• 1 month later...

Hello folks! 

I was reading all of your feedback, experiences and thanks for it! We all share this CI journey all over the world and i will be soon implanted with Sonnet 2 in December or January 2022! Wishing you a great upcoming Christmas and New Year! 

I was also worrying about the other potentials of HA devices listed above...and they are a few....

I have bimodal MFi hearing aids (Beltone Boost Plus 1795) which has Bluetooth and built in Telecoil. I have iPhone 7 and iPad and i do stream any entertainment such as music, youtube, Netflix or phone calls directly from iPhone via Bluetooth EXCEPT FOR Android devices and smart television ( although it has Bluetooth, it do not transfer sound to my HA  - it requires another source like Artone 3 Max and Beltone products like Artone TVB and Mic)

I have a few  question ;

1.  Audiostream can stream sound from smart television to Sonnet 2?

2. Do you think Audiostream can stream sound to other MFi HA devices except the ones listed above (I could not see other MFi HA (Beltone Boost Plus) in list. In list there are Resound Linx Quattro, One Beltone Amaze, Imagine Starkey Livio, Livio Al, Oticon more. 

3. Are there people of us who wear Mfi hearing aid and Sonnet 2 to stream bimodally?

4. Audiolink is great option for all in one (Tv, remote mic and streaming on tablets and phones) but...i have read that Audiolink supports ONLY Med El processors, right? How does Audiolink work to connect to a Med El processor? If it's all about Bluetooth, audiolink does not support MFi or ASHA HA devices?

Thanks in advance! Best love from Turkey! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @mertmur!

AudioStream only streams from phones and tablets and only to Sonnet1/Sonnet2.  It does not work with hearing aids.

But a limited number of android phones support streaming to two different hearing devices simultaneously (in bilateral mono audio I believe).  Some of those may be able to stream to AudioStream and certain BT HAs simultaneously.  No one has reported real life experiences doing that here yet to my knowledge.

AudioLink uses a proprietary BT receiver so it only works with Med-El.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I have Phonak(not listed) and an Apple iPhone 11. I so wish Apple would get on board.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty much giving up on the Bluetooth for the time being. Right now I can’t get it to pair at all. Even when I do get it to pair, I spend more time pairing then using. So much potential but so much frustration.

• Sad 2

Hi kitkatz, do you have sonnet/sonnet 2? I have sonnet 2 eas and it easily streams with my samsung phone. I wore it straight for a week and loved it. At times i heard clicks i assume were phone related. I had some days with no disconnect and had days with disconnects, im assuming they were all phone connection issues. I dont work, so i really had no big issues. If i only had the audio stream cover i would have it on 100%, but i use audio link with cable on tv (older tv) 

I have not added a hearing aid yet, but intend to get a bt aid from costco soon. Im so satisfied with the sonnet set up, that im not rushing for the aid!

Last week i was tested with a loaner ha, it was fantastic!,  cant wait to get the ha now, just waiting til after christmas!

Do you have sonnet or kanso?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, im not seeing phonak in any of these lists, mainly resound and beltone...now unsettled, lol

My problem is my audi only answers my questions like this:

Q) Do you reccomend any hearing aids?

A) oh there are many to choose from

Q) can you reccomend a place to get one? Can i get one here?

A) wouldnt you rather be closer to home?

Q) i drive 30 miles now, no closer ha centers. (She still did not reccomend or refer me to a center downstairs in the univ hearing center)

A) well you should look for one closer to your home. (This is all while she is setting up a loaner phonak antique and clunky she says)

Then at the end she gave me a copy of my latest hearing test and said it was like a prescription.

So, i have contacted the hearing center located in the same building, i have paperwork to do, moving forward by myself!

Im feeling very weird about it because this may end up in the same darn computer! I dont get it but im stubborn and demanding when i finally get fired up! And she is really sweet and smart, iblike her but im blowing up my own path!!!

Sooo, how come phonak is not on the list?

On 8/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, Mary Beth said:

Thank you Barbara!  It is exciting to see how streaming tech keeps advancing!  @MED-EL Moderator

Hi moderator, any reason why phonak is not listed, is the reason marketing or technology.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mary Beth said:

See? No phonak yet my loaner for testing is a darn phonak he he

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Here is how I understand dual streaming.  This is not a Med-El feature .  It is something that the phone companies are offering.  As the phone companies add dual streaming for hearing devices, the list expands for us too.  AudioStream is a BTLE hearing device.  But hearing aid companies need to add compatible hearing aids as well.  Those companies so far seem to be focusing on their own apps for streaming to two of their own hearing aids.

Bimodal streaming with a Med-El Sonnet2 seems to be easiest by using either a comfortable around the ear BT headphone set like @Bill C was using during our GoogleMeet (I think he mentioned it  is BOSE QC45- I have BOSE QC35 and love them) or by using the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop (like @Joan uses with her Rondo 2 processors.  VERY important that whichever hearing aid you select has a telecoil AND the audiologist turns the telecoil ON).

On 8/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mary Beth said:

See? No phonak yet my loaner for testing is a darn phonak he he

I have an Apple smartphone and I wear a Sonnet 2 and a Phonak ha. I had to choose one(my CI) for streaming. The dual streaming only works for android smartphones.