Streaming directly from AudioStream to Sonnet/Sonnet2 PLUS a hearing aid

Mary Beth

• 1 month later...

Hello there, 

I have sonnet2eas, oticon more 3, samsung 9+ phone.

Audiokey2 app with "direct" connection type. Audiostream cover on, phone bluetooth pair to audiostream.

Oticon one app started, pairing completed on phone. Oticon is set as right hearing device on phone. (Audi did this)

Start spotify.

Sometimes i have issues pairing the two, not sure if its signal, but once both paired i have stereo. When a call comes in i can answer it but i have not answered a call yet, usually spam.

Im going to ha audi in a couple weeks for a medel presentation so might pick up clues then, or demo even for ci candidates so i can do the audio link thing again too, i tried it last week, once the audiokey app communication setting change to audiolink, then the audio link appears in the audiokey app. I only have left ci but the app changes as if i have left and right ci. Ill redo and take notes.

Phone is samsung 9, i may upgrade but not til i know for sure i wont lose anything.

Plus for some reason, my phone has audiostream as my left hearing device vs sonnet so im researching that too.

So if streaming is not the question here, i have hearing in both ears and they are settling into a central hearing area in my brain, hearing more than i have i cant remember when!

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I have a Med-el cochlear implant since last Monday. The first fittings will be done within three weeks. On my other ear I wear a Phonak Naída P90 hearing aid.

I was also very curious about bimodal streaming with Apple devices. I came across the following article; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210421

So Apple already has the functionality, but only allows it for headphones where they make money themselves, I think.

Now I would like to complain about this, because I don't believe it's fair to us. Only I can't find anywhere that I can best target for this. The closer to management dealing with this technology, the better. And if we submit the complaint in group, it carries more weight.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Greetings from Belgium,

Christophe

• HearPeers Heroes

@Christophe82

congratulations on your CI!

Have you read about BTLE 5.2 and AuraCast?  If not, search here on the forum for links.

I am excited for BTLE 5.2 as it seems we will be able to stream to multiple devices simultaneously as long as they support it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Christophe82 said:

Hi all!

I have a Med-el cochlear implant since last Monday. The first fittings will be done within three weeks. On my other ear I wear a Phonak Naída P90 hearing aid.

I was also very curious about bimodal streaming with Apple devices. I came across the following article; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210421

So Apple already has the functionality, but only allows it for headphones where they make money themselves, I think.

Now I would like to complain about this, because I don't believe it's fair to us. Only I can't find anywhere that I can best target for this. The closer to management dealing with this technology, the better. And if we submit the complaint in group, it carries more weight.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Greetings from Belgium,

Christophe

I spoke to Apple a few times about it who relayed the Developers have no plans to support Bimodal setups, or making many major changes to their Accessibility menu. It was annoying, to say the least.  I posted it before so can search my history here.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 2:28 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Christophe82

congratulations on your CI!

Have you read about BTLE 5.2 and AuraCast?  If not, search here on the forum for links.

I am excited for BTLE 5.2 as it seems we will be able to stream to multiple devices simultaneously as long as they support it.

Thanks Mary Beth for your information! I'm going to take a look at that.